Disclosure: This a sponsored post by Milk for the #MilkLife and #CitizenKid project.
Compassion for Kids
For the longest time my almost 11 year old has expressed the desire to help other people, mainly children. She is much like her mother, in the fact that is very much a giver than a taker. Do you have a little one like this? A little person that asks tons of questions about who, and why certain peoples lives are less fortunate than hers. When I think of her I remember words like Compassion, Pain, Sympathetic,Humanitarian, Warmhearted, and Loving.
After recently visiting with Jaden she shared her vision to help local and state specific homeless children. According to the American Institutes for Research, one in 45 children experience homelessness in America each year. That’s over 1.6 million children. Jaden would like to make a difference and put together a program to help, cloth, feed and educate children and their family.
Milk Still Does the Body Good
To start off we are working with the #MilkLife and #CitizenKids project. We are trying to spread the word about the power and nutrients from a 8oz glass of Milk.
Powering Your Potential
- An 8 oz. glass of milk contains 9 essential nutrients, including 8 grams of high-quality protein – even more than an egg – to help power you through your successful day.
- “Milk Life” is about wringing every last drop out of every single moment, and it represents a way of living where milk helps power your potential to do your best.
- An 8 oz. glass of milk with high-quality protein can help power you through the morning to help win the day.
Milk at Breakfast
- Whether at home or at school, breakfast helps kids be at their best in the classroom and on the playground. A good breakfast, with milk, gives kids nutrients and energy they need to fuel active, successful days.
- Studies show that breakfast eaters have better scores on math, reading and standardized tests; are better able to pay attention; and have fewer absences and incidences of tardiness, compared to breakfast skippers.
- An 8 oz. glass of milk has 8 g. of high-quality protein.
- Not all protein sources are created equal. Milk protein is a high-quality protein.
- An 8 oz. glass of milk provides more protein than an egg.
- Protein at breakfast can help power you through the morning so you can win the day.
- Whether in a glass, cup or bowl, milk helps power up your morning meal.
One Glass of Milk at a Time
Jaden’s goal is to start with One Glass of Milk at a Time for a homeless child. We are looking at ways to connect with orginizations or local shelters to reach little ones on the street. Also we are looking to join the effort of the Great American Milk Drive that helps deliver milk to hungry families in your community. With a small donation (for as little as $5) you can help provide milk for a family.
I can see the spark and desire in Jaden’s eyes, as she grows. It makes me proud parent to see that she wants to make a difference in the world. With her ideas and determination I feel she capable of doing anything she wants or desires. #CitizenKid