Being the dad of 4 girls and the grandfather of 2 more girls, I am always amazed and amused by some of the things my girls say, especially when they want something from me or when they are trying to tell me how much they love me.
Dad and Daughter Quotes
Girls are sweet, creative, cunning, and often very funny when putting words together.
I am especially fond of the messages on their homemade cards for Father’s Day, my birthday, and Valentine’s Day.
Dad’s and daughters have a special bond. If you are looking for a unique way to express this meaningful relationship, try some of these inspirational and funny dad and daughter quotes that I have compiled from others, some being noted celebrities.
Just for fun, you can write a weekly quote on the family message board or post a note on the fridge door as a daily reminder that you appreciate one another.
Dad to Daughter Quotes of Love
I like these messages for holidays and birthdays. Place them in a special homemade card to your daughter or dad to let her or him know how much they mean to you.
- “No other love in the world is like the love a father has for his little girl.”
- “It was my father who taught me to value myself. He told me that I was uncommonly beautiful and that I was the most precious thing in his life”. (Dawn French)
- “When I’m at my best, I am my father’s daughter”.
- “I love my daddy. My daddy’s everything. I hope I can find a man that will treat me as good as my dad”. (Lady Gaga)
- “A daughter may outgrow your lap but she’ll never outgrow your heart”.
- “I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.” (Hedy Lamarr)
- “Dad, even a fleeting memory of your loving smile is enough to light up my darkest days. I love you!”
- “I love my father as the stars—he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.” (Terri Guillemets)
- “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” (Michael Ratnadeepak)
Father and Daughter Quotes – Inspirational
I find it really inspiring and motivating to offer or read a quote to or from a daughter. These dad and daughter quotes are nice to add to a coffee mug or have printed on a tee-shirt.
- “Fathers, be your daughter’s first love and she’ll never settle for anything less.”
- “It was my father who taught me to value myself.” (Dawn French)
- “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.”
- “Fathers, be good to your daughters.” (John Mayor)
- “A daughter needs a dad to be the standard against which she will judge all men.”
- “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” (Mother Teresa)
- “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad.”
- “A son is a son till he gets a wife; a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life.”
Cute Daddy Daughter Quotes
Sometimes you just need a really sweet saying to let your dad or daughter know you are thinking of him or her. You don’t need a special occasion to use these daddy and daughter quotes.
- “Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.” (Gloria Naylor)
- “Dear Daddy, no matter where I go in life, you’ll always be my number one man.”
- “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.” (Marinela Reka)
- “A father holds his daughter’s hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever.”
- “Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian, and simply being there every time I need a hug.” (Agatha Stephanie Lin)
- “A dad can play like a kid, give advice like a friend, and protect like a bodyguard.”
- “When I come home, my daughter will run to the door and give me a big hug, and everything that’s happened that day just melts away.” (Hugh Jackman)
Funny Quotes About Dads And Daughters
Humor is one of the best ways to express appreciation for your dad or daughter. I will end this post with some quotes that will bring a smile to your face and put a chuckle in your heart. Here are some of my favorites.
- “I smile because you’re my father. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.”
- “Dad, you’ve always been the coolest – like all those times you said ‘yes’ when Mom said ‘no.’ “
- “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” (John Sinor)
- “When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape.”
- “A daughter is a treasure and a cause of sleeplessness.” (Ben Sirach)
- “A little girl giggles when she is denied an ice-cream by her mother. She knows daddy will get her some later.”