Tyson BBQ Chicken Strips
Family meals should include fun recipes that taste good and are full of nutrients for the body. Staci and I recently started a new weight loss journey, and ever since we began, I have become more open to different ways to eating healthy. Therefore, I thought I would try a Daddy Cooks post using Tyson BBQ Chicken Strips to make a healthy salad.
It is important to me as a father to provide for my family in many different ways. One of the most important is to have a well-rounded meal on the table for dinner each night. Dinner is sacred to us as a family because we can all sit down and visit about what is going on around us. A normal dinner setting for us includes plenty of food in the middle of the table with little hands reaching for their favorite items. Then, it is pretty much everyone for themselves. And it never fails that one child must out talk another one with daily events at school, on the bus, or at work depending on the their day. With a three year old all the way up to an almost eighteen year old, our dinnertime conversations can get a little interesting and crazy.
Crispy BBQ Chicken Salad
I wanted to share something with my family that would be healthy but also included full of flavor. This past week I wanted to try a new BBQ chicken salad using Tyson BBQ Chicken Strips. I wanted it to be both healthy and flavorful for my family.
My 7 year old daughter, Princess, and I made a list of the items we needed and then headed out to our local Wal-Mart. We were we are able get everything we needed in one stop, you see our photos of our shopping experience. On select days, you are able to catch a demo of Tyson chicken in the meat area of the store. Princess wanted to get the Tyson BBQ Chicken Strips first in the frozen food area. There we found all types of Tyson Chicken products such as the Tyson Any’tizers and Buffalo Chicken Strips. We grabbed one bag of Tyson BBQ Chicken Strip, and then proceeded to get the rest of our salad items.
- Tyson BBQ Chicken Strips
- Shredded carrots
- Red and Green Bell Peppers
- Red Onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Bacon for Homemade Bacon Bits
- Shredded Cheese
Tyson BBQ Chicken Strips
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place frozen strips evenly on a baking sheet.
- Heat in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bit size pieces for salad.
Homemade Bacon Bits
- Slice uncooked bacon strips into pieces lass than an inch around.
- Place bacon pieces in skillet for about 6-8 minutes. (The longer the bacon cooks the harder it will and curls into a ball).
- Remove bacon bits from skillet and let dry on a paper towel.
- Toss the lettuce, romaine, and spinach into a large bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Place tossed salad onto a desired plate, then garnish with onion, bell peppers, cherry tomato and corn… to your taste.
- Place the Tyson BBQ Chicken Strip pieces on top of salad.
- Add bacon bits to salad, if desired.
- Top with both Ranch Salad Dressing and BBQ Sauce. Toss and enjoy!
Be sure to follow Tyson on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest product info and promotions!
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® and Tyson. #cbias #SocialFabric #MealsTogether