One thing I know, we, as men, need to take our significant other out more often… alone. I realized after Staci and I separated, and later reconciled many years ago, we needed “us time”. There is something about the one-on-one time that builds your relationship and can really sweep her off her feet (if done right).
No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep. – Anonymous
So, Gentlemen, I challenge you to challenge yourself. Take your lady out for a date night. I promise that if you plan and execute a exciting, energetic, and eccentric evening, it will pay off. Let me place a few ideas in your head to start you off. Then it is up to you to plan THE date night of all date nights.
25 Date Night Ideas
- Spend a night Stargazing
- Watch and cheer at a local sporting event
- Go out for coffee and talk
- Visit model homes in the area and compare ideas
- Go retro and go roller skating
- Catch a dollar movie and split a popcorn
- Bury a time capsule together
- Volunteer together at a local food bank, shelter, etc
- After the kids go to bed, take a bubble bath together
- Take a drive down memory lane
- Have a pillow fight
- Take stroll through the botanical gardens
- Catch up on a TV series together
- Play Frisbee golf together
- Have an in-home spa night and pamper each other
- Attend an amateur comedy show
- Packa basket and have a picnic
- Go geocaching
- Watch a sunset together
- Take a dance class together
- Build a blanket fort in your room and then enjoy the space afterwards
- See a movie at a drive-in theater
- Go dancing
- Hop on Priceline and find a budget-friendly room
- Camp out in the backyard
What is your favorite date night idea? When was the last time you went out on a date?
I would enjoy hearing your ideas for the next time I need one in a pinch. Plus, it keeps our relationship exciting when we can add new activities to our list.