Peanut Butter Pie is absolutely delicious! It is truly a shame and astonishing that this desert has not received more attention! It was a about 8 years ago when I first had this peanut butter pie. I was at a family gathering for memorial weekend when I noticed the pie on the desert table. My cousin Maria made the pie, and out of curiosity I tried the pie. I immediately fell in love with the pie, and could not resist asking Maria for the recipe for the pie. I did not think she would give me the recipe, but she did!
I was surprised to find out that peanut butter pie does not need to be baked, only refrigerated. The pie was not baked at all. She cooked the pie basically by putting it in the refrigerator, and I was also surprised at how easy and simple this pie is to make. Ever since then I have been making this pie for family, friends, and for bake sales.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time:10 min
Total Time: 20 min
You will need:
- 1 16 oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 1 package of whipped cream (not canned)
- 1 graham cracker crust
- any chocolate chips, peanut butter m and m’s, or other candies you would like in it (optional)
- 1/4 cup sugar
What to do:
- Step One: Put the entire package of cream cheese, whipped cream, and sugar into a large bowl. Blend together thoroughly until smooth.
- Step Two: Add in the peanut butter, and blend again until smooth.
- Step Three: This step is optional. Some people really like it when I put peanut butter m and m’s, or chocolate chips into the pie. If you would like, you can add nuts; chocolate chips; m and m’s; or any other candies you would like to add into the pie. Or, just leave the pie plain. It tastes great either way!
- Step Four: Scrape the peanut butter mixture in the bowl into the graham cracker crust. Once the peanut butter mixture is in the crust, smooth the mixture until it is spread out evenly inside the crust.
- Step Five: Refrigerate the peanut butter pie for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Step Six: Serve and enjoy!