Disclosure: I was given a min Genesis Bow to share with my kids to explore the sport of shooting a bow and arrow. All opinions are my own. #BullsIDidIt #spon
Over the last three months 2 of my girls, 9 & 11 year old, have actively been shooting a Genesis Bow. The experience has been rewarding and fulfilling in many ways. I had asked the two girls what they thought about handling and shoot a bow/arrow before getting ours.
They seemed to be a little hesitant prior to our visit to the archery range, but walked away feeling confident to shoot more. We have been shoot at home, in our backyard, at least three or four times a week. It did matter if it was rainy or cold outside, they wanted to get their shots in for the week.
10 Reasons to Get Your Own Genesis Build A Bow
1. Kids can’t outgrow it because there is no specific draw length. Kids can start as young as 5 years old.
2. It’s simple to buy – no need to measure and fit for draw length. This takes out the guessing for your purchase.
3. It’s easy to shoot – because the draw length is always right, the beginning archer won’t develop bad habits caused by an ill-fitting bow. It also has adjustable draw weight of 10-20 pounds.
4. Great for families – everyone can shoot the same bow. This is also a cost savings.
5. Perfect for schools, clubs and organizations
6. Built to last – durable and tough. Spending a little more upfront is worth it when you don’t have to replace it as often.
7. Archery is safer than any ball-based sport for kids with less injures reported.
8. Archery is a great sport that builds confidence and gives opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors.
9. It’s a gender neutral sport that is great for boys or girls.
10. Archery can improve students’ confidence and focus which can help them with other areas of their life which include school.
Why Not Get a Built-to-Order Genesis Bow
Why not treat your little ones or your self by customizing a Genesis bow to your preferred colors. We love our “Original Genesis Bow” that we wanted to get another for the girls to use. We hopped on GenesisBow.com to find plenty of color options and styles to fit their personality. The best part is that you can preview your Build-A-Bow right there on the screen. The picture above is the one we ordered. We should have a problem loosing it.
Genesis Bow can be found at over 2301 retailers all around the country. Click here to find a retailer near you.
Update: Matthew Genesis Mini Bow
What is a Matthew Genesis bow? Built with the same proven technologies as the Original Mathews Genesis (official bow in the NASP – National Archery in the Schools Program), the Mathews Genesis Mini is specifically designed to fit smaller-framed kids from 3 to 8 years old (on average). Many experts agree that the Mathews Genesis Mini is one of the best youth bows for mastering basic shooting techniques and introducing young children to the wonderful sport of archery.
Not only is this bow easy to shoot by very small kids, but it can also be used for many years as the child grows without the need to upgrade (see the ‘Suitable ages’ section below for more details). It is important to note, that the majority of youth compound bows are not as lightweight and low on the draw weight as the Mini Genesis. That is why this bow is often used by very small kids especially if they are under 4 years old.
You can connect with Genesis Archery on the Web
Facebook: Genesis Archery