How would you like to take a test drive in a all new 2015 Lincoln MKC, and help a senior with Down Syndrome? That’s right, the local Ford Lincoln Motor Dealerships have teamed with the Driven To Give program. So bring a friend and be one of the first 100 drivers to receive an exclusive Lincoln gift totes and a chance to win a 48 hour MKC Date Night Experience.
Driven to Give Drive Details
- When: Thursday, October 9, 2014 from 9 am to 7 pm (stop by anytime). RSVP your preferred test drive time to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-902-5375 for information.
- Where: Convenient check-in for your test drive is located at: Tom Thumb Grocery Parking Area, 7117 University at Inwood Road or Park Cities Ford Lincoln showroom, 3333 Inwood Road, Dallas, 75235
- Who: Parents of HPISD Students, Park Cities Ford Lincoln Customers, Friends & Advocates of Park Cities Students with Special Needs. Must be 18 years or older to participate.
- Why: Donate just 20-30 minutes of your time to test drive the 2015 Lincoln MKC & one other Lincoln model car, complete a survey, and trigger a $60 donation to this cause from LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY.and PARK CITIES LINCOLN per completed round trip test drive.
- Our Goal: 100 test drives through out the day! Trigger a $6,000 combined gift from LINCOLN MOTOR COMPANY & PARK CITIES LINCOLN to the HPISD Education Foundation for the Special Programs Department.
Support transportation to student internships, activity carts for job skills, uniforms and fees for a variety of social/athletic events for students with special needs.
Student Intern Nick Jones with the Sales and management Team at Park Cities Ford Lincoln August 2014.
A Highland Park High School senior with special needs is making his way in the world and quite a name for himself at a local car dealership. Nick Jones is now featured in a video shown nationwide to Ford dealers. Nick has Down Syndrome, but despite his challenges, works part time at Park Cities Ford Lincoln in Dallas. He has always been interested in cars, especially the Ford Mustang. Now, thanks to a team of people who care about him – his parents, friends, Highland Park High School and the dealership, Nick is building his independence.
Park Cities Ford Lincoln hired Nick as an intern in February and he is now on the payroll, working five days a week after school as a part time employee, supporting the Sales Department and keeping the front entrance, showroom and cars tidy. Jeff Enright, managing partner at Park Cities, says hiring Nick has made a great impact on the dealership and its employees.
The video Nick is featured in is part of the Consumer Experience Movement, which Ford launched in 2011. The program is a way for Ford and dealerships to communicate/interact with customers on a personal level. The video has been shared with dealers nationwide this month and serves as an example of meaningful community involvement.