Every Christmas Eve we are faithful to our friend Santa Clause and leave him a treat such as cookies and milk. This year we will do the same thing. We will neatly stack a handful of cookies along side a glass of milk. But Jaci, my 9 year old, wants to do something different and would like to leave something for Santa’s Reindeer. Which sounds like a great idea because without his flying reindeer Santa would be stuck in the North Pole. Jaci found a cool recipe that she thought would be perfect for all of the sleigh driving reindeer.
The recipe Jaci found strangely enough has the word reindeer in it, but the trailing word is one that can make some cover their nose. Okay, she wants to make some Reindeer Poop Cookies and use her favorite chocolate cereal, Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies Cereal. Jaci feels that these sweet treats will give Santa’s high-flying friends plenty of energy to get through the night.
Reindeer Poop Cookies
- 1⁄2 stick of butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bag of caramel pieces
- 1⁄2 bag of marshmallows
- 5 cups Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies Cereal
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Melt butter and caramels in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla remove from heat.
- Continue stirring until fully melted.
- Add in Kellogg’s Cocoa Krispies Cereal, stir quickly to coat well.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
- Allow to set and store in an airtight container for up to a week.
We will place the Reindeer Poop Cookies outside on the back porch before turning in for the night on Christmas Eve. I hope Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer enjoy.