About 90% of the time, I am the one in the family that makes the to trip to the grocery store for the week’s food. Like I have mentioned before, with a larger family, I am always looking to make plenty for everyone without breaking the bank to feed my household. Another thing I look for, other than a great bang for my buck, is something that is easy to make and does not consume a lot of my time.
Philadelphia Cooking Creme
This past week, while I was milling through the refrigerator area of my local grocery store, I came across some PHILADELPHIA Cooking Creme. I looked over the container and found a pretty easy recipe to try. PHILADELPHIA Cooking Creme is a blend of PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese with various herbs and cheeses. With 6 different flavors that includes Italian Herb, Savory Garlic, Savory Lemon & Herb, Creamy Pesto, Original, and Santa Fe blend, it was a tough choice on where to begin. I ended up buying the Creamy Pesto flavor to make a Creamy Chicken Pesto & Bowtie Pasta.
Preparation time is only about 10 minutes with a total time of 22 minutes.
What you need
- Chicken breast strips, cut into bite-size pieces
- Frozen Peas
- (10 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Creamy Pesto Cooking Creme
- Bowtie pasta
- 1/2 cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- Red Bell Pepper (optional)
- Cook and stir chicken in a large non-stick skillet on medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until done. Add the peas and (optional) peppers and another cook 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Make sure to stir occasionally to avoid sticking or burning.
- Add PHILADELPHIA Creamy Pesto Cooking Creme and stir 2 minutes, or until mixed well.
- Stir in bowtie pasta. Remove from stove and top with mozzarella. Done!
This is an excellent meal to cook for the family. It can be served alone or with a side. My kids loved the bowtie pasta and hopefully yours will as well. Look for more great Philadelphia Creamy Cooking Creme recipes and see what you think!