This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Huggies®. As always, all opinions are my own.
Memorial Day is fast approaching! Time for the cookouts, food, and spending quality time with your family and friends. The highlight of Memorial Day is the fantastic grilled food, and one of the best is BBQ ribs! My family and friends love these messy to eat ribs with baked beans, and my girls love them so much they paint themselves with it! Not literally paint, of course, what I mean is that when my girls eat the ribs the barbeque sauce gets all over their faces and hands. I don’t mind how much they get on themselves because I use Huggies Wipes with the Triple* layers to clean up the big messes left on their faces and hands.
Messy BBQ Ribs with Baked Beans
For the BBQ Ribs you will need:
- 8 cups of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 4-5 pounds of pork spare ribs
Step One: Take about 6 cups of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce in a large spare pan. Place the spare ribs in the pan with the Sweet Baby Rays’. Let marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Step Two: Once marinated put on the grill too cook over medium- high head. Let cook until the meat is no longer pink in the middle (or for about 10-15 minutes).
Step Three: Once cooked brush a little bit more Sweet Baby Ray’s over the ribs.
For the Baked Beans you will need:
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups navy beans
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package of bacon
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 diced onion
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp molasses
- Step One: Allow the beans to soak in cold water overnight (or for about 4 hours).
- Step Two: After letting the beans soak, put the beans in a pot over medium- high heat. Allow to simmer for about 1 1/2-2 hours. Once done, drain the water completely in a strainer.
- Step Three: While the beans simmer, cook the bacon until crispy and then finely dice the bacon.
- Step Four: Get out a casserole dish (or a pot would be just fine), and put a layer of beans in the bottom of the dish.
- Step Five: Then, begin layering the dish with the onion, bacon, and beans. Be sure to leave a little room at the top of the dish.
- Step Six: Put a sauce pan over the stove over medium- high heat. Then, combine the Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, salt, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, and pepper in the sauce pan.
- Step Seven: Stir the mixture until it comes to a steady boil.
- Step Eight: Once the mixture is boiling, pour it over the beans in the casserole dish. Pour enough to cover the beans.
- Step Nine: Put aluminum foil over the beans, and put in the oven to cook for 3-4 hours.
- Step Ten: About 2 hours into the beans baking, remove the aluminum foil and add in more water if necessary.
These messy BBQ ribs and baked beans make the perfect Memorial Day dish. Your family and friends will surely love, it and come back for seconds! Don’t be worried about your children getting messy; because as long as you have Huggies Wipes, that are perfect for cleaning these messes and are gentle on skin, your covered this Memorial Day.
Also, check out the last activity I hosted with Huggies® and be sure to join the Huggies® social media sweepstakes by posting an image to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #HugTheMessSweepstakes for a chance to win $2,500.