I was loaned a 2014 Kia Soul EV for one week to review. All opinions are my own.
Kid Tested and Dad Reviewed
Are you looking for the perfect city commuter car? During our review of the 2015 Kia Soul! We found out that the fuel efficiency does not take away from the quickness and maneuverability of the Kia Soul EV. For a week we put the 2015 Kia Soul EV to the Kid Tested & Dad Reviewed challenge, and tell you what we think.
The Hip and Trend Look of the Kia Soul EV
- Headlights – Blue-accented Projector Beam Headlights give you crisp look and crisp visibility of the road. With Auto Light Control, the headlights automatically turn on or off as needed to save energy.
- Wheels – The aerodynamic 16-inch Alloy Wheels are engineered to reduce road vibration and increase efficiency. Plus the Super Low Rolling Resistant (SLRR) Tires offer less drag, giving you improved driving range.
- Front – The unique body-color front bumper has a sleek, new look. And no gas engine under the hood means a grille-free front end for improved aerodynamics.
- Rear – It’s a departure that draws attention. We’ve designed the lower fascia to be strong and sporty. And no exhaust pipe means a cleaner, no-emissions drive.
What Makes the 2015 Kia Soul EV Go!!!
- The Soul EV’s electric motor offers 109 horsepower and an impressive 96% efficiency. Its unique, multi-layer magnet design provides quiet, smooth-power performance. And its lightweight design helps deliver swift acceleration for an exciting and efficient drive.
- Every time you decelerate or go downhill, the regenerative braking system recovers kinetic energy that would otherwise be lost. That energy goes straight to recharging the battery.
- With an electric drivetrain, there’s no revving up or switching gears. The Soul EV’s electric motor delivers 210 lb.-ft. of instant torque, giving you immediate responsiveness and smooth, dynamic acceleration the moment you put your foot on the pedal.
What is Inside the 2015 Kia Soul EV
- From headliner to trim to carpet, the Soul EV’s earth-friendly plastics are made from plant-based materials like sugar cane and corn, all validated by UL Environment.
- The sound system, vent, and floor console are covered in BTX-free and water-borne paints, reducing levels of harmful volatile organic compounds (VOC) for better air quality in the cabin.
- With the Soul EV, you don’t have to compromise interior space or versatility. The 60/40 split-folding rear seats offer up to the class-leading 49.5 cubic feet of cargo volume, and the hidden luggage under tray makes storing your 120-volt charging cord easy. From the ample headroom and legroom to the flexible cargo space, the Soul EV is made for hauling friends and all your gear.
- Plug in your Soul EV and the eStatus Charge Light illuminates with 3 light levels to tell you when you reach full charge. A clear view through the windshield lets you quickly check your status from outside your car.
- The translucent white, double-injection molding provides a 3D effect for eye-catching style. And, in Soul EV form, it’s made from bio-based materials.
Kid Tested – 2015 Kia Soul EV
Now keep in mind that my daughters are between the ages of 4 to 10, and have been car enthusiast for quite sometime. So when I asked what they liked most about 2014 Kia Soul!, they surprisingly responded with the Infinty/SirusXM radio. I was pretty curious why, so when I asked why the UVO powered radio, they likes “the way it sounds with their favorite songs”.
Our top 10 reasons I loved driving the 2014 Kia Soul
- The compact design doesn’t lack style
- Heated and Cooled seats
- UVO EV Services system and free UVO EV Services app
- Power up and down windows
- Accessory outlets
- Plenty of room in the back seat for 2 riders
- Alloy wheels
- Dual Front Advanced Airbags
- HID, Projector Beam Headlights with Auto-Leveling
- The Kia Soul Hamster Crew (not included)