Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
If pigskins are flying through the air, it must be football season. That means that getting ready for a game is important for both players and fans alike. While both groups have individuals who lean toward the grunge look, it’s always more appealing to see men who make grooming a regular part of their daily routine.
Exactly how that takes place can come in a variety of ways, with four specific areas sitting at the top of any list. These are Cleansing, Protecting, Styling, and Hydrating, with all four components offering important steps toward maintaining a steady balance of the right look for every occasion.
- Cleansing – This aspect of the grooming quartet generally focuses on three items to have handy: shampoo, soap/gel, and body/face wash. With regard to the shampoo, using the right one is based on whether you have dry or naturally oily hair. In addition, the addition of conditioner can be an important consideration for those looking to add a little body. For the soaps, washes, and gels, having one that refreshes and invigorates the skin can be a real asset.
- Protecting – Sweating is inevitable for football players, while those who watch it can build up some perspiration from the tense drama of a game. In both cases, preparing beforehand with antiperspirant is the best plan of attack, with the dry variety working best.
- Styling – Wearing a helmet can create havoc for a man’s hair, while simply watching a game cause some men to want to pull their hair out. Regardless of where someone fits on this scale, maintaining hair that looks good in any situation is much easier when using products like styling gel, cream, paste or pomade.
- Hydrating – Certain weather conditions during the course of a football season can lead to drying skin for players. Meanwhile, fans can stay hydrated in sober fashion by using items like spray lotion, shave gel or balm for post-shave conditioning. Each of them will last throughout any game and beyond.
Some of my favorite Game Day Products:
Dove Shea Shower Foam
- Comforting foam body wash gently cleanses and cares for your skin
- With NutriumMoisture™ technology, delivers skin natural nourishment
- Nourishes deep* into the surface layers of the skin
- Helps maintain skin’s natural moisture barrier
- Dove body wash instantly foams for a light, airy lather you’ll love
- Shea butter and warm vanilla scent indulges your senses
Simple Water Booster Micellar Cleansing Water
- Simple Water Boost Micellar Cleansing Water, infused with skin-loving minerals and plant extract, is specifically developed for dry, dehydrated or sensitive skin.
- This no-rinse Cleanser gently yet effectively cleanses and removes impurities and makeup from your face, while also soothing and instantly rehydrating thirsty skin.
Degree Men Cool Rush Dry Spray Antiperspirant
- Invisible solid – goes on clear
- Stay dry all day
- Works well for outdoor sports and workouts
- Powerful, long-lasting sweat and odor protection
AXE You Body Spray
- Scent of amber woods and spicy cinnamon
- Modern, masculine fragrance
Dove Men+Care Extra Fresh Body Wash
- Refreshingly cool, comfortable clean
- MICROMOISTURE technology activates when lathering
- Helps keep skin feeling healthier and protected against dryness
- Delivers a refreshing clean and total skin comfort
- This effective formula rinses off easily
NCAA Football Sweepstakes -Enter between 9/24/17 – 9/30/2017
Readers enter the Sweepstakes by tweeting this post and using the hashtag #GetGroomingSweepstakes in their tweet. Entrants can potentially win either:
(1) Grand Prize:
- (1) Jersey
- (1) Helmet
(10) Additional Prize Packs:
- $25 CVS gift cards
- NCAA Branded Footballs
Offer Valid 9/24/17 – 9/30/17
- $5 ExtraBucks® Rewards WITH CARD when you spend $20 on participating Axe, Dove Men+Care, Degree Men or Simple products.