Earlier this week I was privileged to take a sneak peek into the new Nebraska Furniture Mart Texas Store ( #NFMSneakPeek ). This mega furniture store is like both Texans have ever seen. It is as if you took Lowe’s, Rooms To Go, Ikea, and Best Buy altogether you would have Nebraska Furniture Mart. This place is massive, and I am going to claim it now, someone will get lost opening weekend.
To give you a little insight of the store I have listed below some facts and fun details about the Nebraska Furniture Mart Texas Store.
About the Nebraska Furniture Mart Texas Store
This store is the largest of its kind:
- 560,000 sq. ft. of retail showroom
- 1.3 million sq. ft of warehouse space to hold over 500,000+ pieces of product
- The store occupies roughly 100 acres of the 433 designated for the Grandscape project
- This store has 4200 parking spaces and 138 stall customer pick up
- An average 2200 employees will help keep this mega store running
Competitive Pricing and In Store Technology:
- Nebraska Furniture Mart has adopted digital price tags for just about every product they sell. The tags will update on a nightly basis checking over 39,000 skus against 18 of the leading retailers, then changing prices to ensure the lowest deal for their customer.
- State-of-the-art interactive displays and digital signage help guest find deals or the exact item they maybe looking for.
The Goods and What They Have to Offer
- You can find rugs, carpet, wood and hard surface flooring in addition to countertops.
- The Texas store will have 2800 rugs. There will be over 500 rugs hanging, 800 platformed and around 1500 rugs under furniture groupings.
- With a wide selection of hardwoods, the Nebraska Furniture Mart could cover Dallas Cowboys Stadium 7 times.
- Interactive Kitchen Gallery suites to help you build your dream kitchen
- Professional Installation available.
- 109 Dishwasher models on the Floor, 206 Refrigerators, 76 Laundry Pairs, 220 Cooking ranges
- Large Range of Small Appliances
- Brands like Samsung, Miele, LG, Viking, Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Electrolux, Hotpoint, Frigidaire, Bosch, GE, Dacor, JennAir, Dyson, Hoover, Keurig, Danby, Traegger, Webber
- TV 150+
- Headphones 100+
- Cellphones 100+
- Laptops 50+
- Digital Cameras 100+
- Fitness Equipment 50+
- Live Display Models in Every Category
- Bose Store in Store
- 96 ft Interactive Headphone Wall
- 4 Interactive Landmark Towers
- Home Audio Interactive Displays
- 4k TV Demonstration
- Home Theatre Projection Room
- Sonos Wireless Speaker Feature Area
- A long with an Electronics Design and Installation Service to make all your technologies need happen in your home.
- Brands like Sony, Samsung, LG, Beats, Apple, Sharp, Vizio, Polaroid, Haier, Monster, Sanus, Sonos, Canon, Nikon, GoPro, Icon Fitness, Life Fitness, Klipsch, Bose, Harmon Kardon, Onkio, Polk, T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, BrightStar, Microsoft, Nintendo, EA, Disney, Toshiba, HP, Asus, Dell, Epson
- 170 stationary upholstery groups styled on the floor
- 127 Accent Chairs
- 165 Recliners
- 60 Mattress Sets
- 110 Bedrooms
- 228 Occasion Tables
- Lighting Gallery
- Inspiration Showcases
- Shop by Style
- Design Gallery offering professionally accredited Interior Designers along with unique pieces available for purchase along with an extensive special order selection.
Fun and Historical Facts about Nebraska Furniture Mart
- Nebraska Furniture Mart was established in 1937 by Rose Blumkin, or Mrs. B as she was more foundly known with $500 in the basement of her husbands pawnshop in Omaha, Nebraska.
- NFM employees spent 8760 hours last year having fun while working!!!! (365×24!)
- More than 20 couples have met and then married their spouse while working for NFM!
- The business grew and in 1983 Warren Buffett, CEO and Chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc purchased an 80% share of Nebraska Furniture Mart on a handshake from Rose Blumkin
- Mrs. B works until 1997 to the age of 103
- In 2001 a second smaller builder store is opened in Clive, Iowa selling a selection of Flooring, Appliances and Electronics. Nebraska Furniture Mart purchases Homemakers a furniture store based in Iowa.
- In 2003 Nebraska Furniture Mart opens its second store offering a full selection of Furniture, Flooring, Appliance and Electronics with over 1,000,000 square feet of retail and distribution cneter space.
- In 2011, Nebraska Furniture Mart launches a new website becoming one of the top 500 retail websites.
- A new location is planned and the ground is broken in 2012 in The Colony, Texas for a Spring 2015 open date.