I hosted my Big Game Party and showed off my #SauceSquad style with some Taco Bell Sauces. As part of a sponsored post for Socialstars by Crowdtap #BottledAwesome
As I was getting ready for my Big Game Day Party, I decided to bust out the #SauceSquad from Taco Bell. Why Not Right! We had a slew of Mexican dishes to share with our guests already.
Before everyone showed up, we whipped up a few taste appetizers, sure to tingle the taste buds. I think everybody knows that any Big Game Day Party, is all about the food, commercials, and then the game. That way if you a least have good food, then it can salvage the party if the game goes one sided.
Most years I just grill up some burgers and hot dogs, but this year Crowdtap hooked us up with some Taco Bell Sauces which is #BottleAwesome ness! It really did a number when I bathed my BBQ Chicken, before I hot pressed them into quesadillas. The Taco Bell Sauce, didn’t overwhelm the quesadillas, just add a Spanish flair.
Now the dad in me, made sure I took good care of the kids at the party. We splashed a little Mild Taco Bell Sauces into the mini-mexican pizzas. This was super easy to make and eat, trust me, two bites.
Mini Mexican Pizza’s
- 3-4 large whole wheat tortilla’s, or enough to cut out 12 small circles
- 1 cup lean ground turkey, cooked (OR lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Taco Bell hot sauce of choice
- 2 tsp dry taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup low fat refried beans
- 1/2 cup low fat shredded mexican blend or 2% cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, low fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, glass cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap.
3. Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers. (Note: it doesn’t have to cover the entire side of the tin, it should just fit snuggly!)
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the ground meat, salsa, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Stir until well combined.
5. Scoop 1/8th cup of meat mixture into each wrap.
6. Top with shredded cheese, (dividing evenly between each pizza), and olives if desired.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Wait for mini Mexican pizzas to cool, and remove from muffin tin using a fork or knife. Pizza’s should pop out with ease! Serve with a side of salsa, low fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and/or shredded lettuce if desired!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- about 50 Tostitos Tortilla Scoops
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 3/4 cup Taco Bell hot sauce
- 2 green onions, minced
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, oregano, and chili powder. Place scoops on a serving platter and fill with the beans, distributing evenly. Then add the salsa and top with a small dollop of the cream cheese mixture. Evenly sprinkle the green onions over the tops. Serve.
Towards the end of our party my daughters decided they didn’t want anymore of the Mexican food offered. They cooked up a few hot dogs, and asked if I wanted one. Of course i said yes since they were making them, but come to find out. They douse my hot dog with a ton of the Taco Bell Fire Sauce, and it set my mouth a blaze. WOW! Funny Girls!