Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a brand ambassador for Bush’s Bean. My opinions are my own.
Are you an expert on all things chili? Create a recipe using BUSH’S® Beans and you could be one of two lucky winners (+ guests) selected to be flown to New York for a BUSH’S Beans Kitchen Collaboration Demo Video where you will be paired with BUSH’S Expert Chef Jeffrey Saad who will work with you on ways to mix up your current chili and try your hand at new chili recipes. Chef Jeffrey is a pretty cool guy, and definitely knows his was around a kitchen. So be prepared to have an experience of a life time.
For the fun of it I thought I would share my Grandma’s Southwest Chili Recipe. It always seemed to be a staple meal during winter. In the cold winter months a warm bowl of winter chili is the perfect thing to warm your tummy! Her chili would always put a smile on everyone’s face when they took a bite. I am just serving chili made with Bush’s Black Beans will fill and warm the stomachs of your family, and it is so easy to make!
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time 20 min
Total Time: 60 min
What You Need:
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 white onion
- 6 cans of Bush’s Chili Black Beans
- 7 cans if tomato sauce
- 4 cans of diced tomatoes
- 4 cans of whole tomatoes
- chili powder
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- Sweet Baby Rays Barbeque Sauce
- Diced tomatoes and cheese (optional)
- Step One: Begin by getting out a stock pot, and a large pan.
- Step Two: Cut the onion into small pieces, and then sauté the cut onion on the large pan with butter until the cut onion begins to brown. Cook over medium high heat.
- Step Three: Put the ground beef on the pan with the onions over medium high heat. Season the ground beef with 3 tablespoons of chili powder, 2 tablespoons of onion powder, 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Use a spatula to move around the ground beef, and cook until browned.
- Step Four: Open the cans of tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, and Bush’s Black Beans.
- Step Five: Get a drink of your favor it beverage, mine would be sweet tea.
- Step Six: Pour the opened cans of tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, and Bush’s Black Beans into the stock pot. Mix with a ladle thoroughly.
- Step Seven: Pour the cooked ground beef into the stock pot. Mix with the ladle thoroughly.
- Step Eight: Put about a half cup of Sweet Baby Rays Barbeque Sauce into the stock pot, and mix well.
- Step Nine: Mix about 1/2 tablespoon of onion powder, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1/2 tablespoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1 teaspoon of pepper together in a small bowl. Then put this seasoning into the chili, and mix well.
- Step Ten: Let the winter chili simmer in the stock pot for about 15 minutes, and stir periodically.
- Step Eleven: Serve when warm with the sides of your choice!
This chili is perfect for family dinners, and when you have company over. You can serve this at family get togethers, or at when your friends come over. You can serve this delicious chili with Fritos, or peanut butter sandwiches. It is entirely up to you, but those are some great sides to serve on the side of this tasty meal. The Bush’s Black Beans gives the chili a unique taste that will make your mouth water. Winter time is the perfect time to sit down and eat a bowl of warm delicious winter chili. It is so easy to make, and you will have enough for left overs. There are so many different sides you can include in this dish. There is no limit to how you can serve this delicious chili that will taste great no matter what.