Treats for Your St Patrick’s Day Party
It is a proven fact that people come together to celebrate, whether it is a New Year, a birthday, anniversary, a special valentines, Christmas, or even St Patrick’s Day. When people come together they like to eat and be merry. With the green holiday coming up on March 17th I though I would help you out in finding some sweet and taste treats to make with the family.
- Mint Grasshopper Candy Bark by 7 on a Shoestring (pictured)
- St. Patrick’s Day Cake Balls by Formula Mom (pictured)
- Lucky Mint Brownies by The Maven of Social Media (pictured)
- Rainbow Cupcakes by Simmworks Family Blog (pictured)
- Mint Pudding Cups by East 9th Street
- Lucky Charms “Cake” by Just Married with Coupons
- Double Chocolate Mint cupcakes by Upstate Ramblings
- Mint Chocolate & Peanut Butter Grahams by Great Oak Circle
- Irish Soda Bread by Simmworks Family Blog
- Hershey’s Double Chocolate Mint Dessert by Life as Leels
The girls and I have the ingredients to make the Double Chocolate Mint cupcakes, so keep an eye out for post on them. After seeing the rainbow cupcakes I may look to doing them real soon.
Fun Facts About St Patrick’s Day
- The actual color of St Patrick is blue. Green became associated with St Patrick’s Day during the 19th century. Green, in Irish legends, was worn by fairies and immortals, and also by people to encourage their crops to grow.
- The very first St Patrick’s Day parade was not in Ireland. It was in Boston in 1737.
- Shamrocks are worn on the lapel on this day.
- Lucky Charms, a favorite cereal brand among many, young and old, was created in 1963, with its popular mascot, Lucky the Leprechaun.
- Many people wear green on this holiday to avoid being pinched.