“School’s out, the nights roll in. Man, just like a long lost friend you ain’t seen in a while, you can’t help but smile! And it’s two bare feet on the dashboard, young love in an old Ford. Cheap shades and a tattoo and a Yoo-hoo bottle on the floorboard. Perfect song on the radio, sing along ’cause it’s one we know. It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine, it’s summertime!” Kenny Chesney, Summertime
Kenny says it all! No more school, looking forward to long sunny days, tan lines and swim suit season! No matter where you stand on your summer body journey, if you slipped up over the past few months, or have made your goal (WHOOP) summertime is a great time for eating light and fresh foods. Summer is full of fresh fruits, fresh fish, and great cooking! When you are running around with the family or on vacation nothing is wrong with having savory flavor cravings, luckily I have an incredible fresh tilapia recipe perfect for your summer cravings that can be made for many, or just many for you.
Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos
- 2 pounds fresh tilapia fillets
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 lime
- Corn Tortillas
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado, guacamole, lime wedges, cilantro
- To make seasoning: Mix together all seasonings and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with foil and spraying with non-stick spray.
- Place tilapia fish fillets on baking sheet, and squeeze lime juice over them.
- Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle lightly with seasoning on both sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish is golden (flakes easily with a fork).
- While fish is baking, prepare toppings and heat tortillas.
• tacos: place a healthy portion of fish, broken up with a fork, lengthwise in the middle of your tortilla, top with your favorite fresh summer toppings like avocado or pico de gallo!