Disclosure: I am a proud Bush’s Beans brand ambassador. I have been compensated for my time and efforts in creating this post. As always all opinions stated above are 100% entirely own. #DoneThis
I am always looking to flare up the kitchen every once and a while. This past week I tackled a simple sweet and sour chicken recipe. The best part was it was super easy and did not take much time at all.
Sweet and Sour Asian Chicken and Rice with BUSH’s Asian BBQ Beans
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: about 60 min
You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 cups of white rice
- 2 chicken breasts
- sweet and sour sauce
- canned sweat peas
- canned carrots
- 2 eggs
What to Do:
- Step One: Fill two pots with water. Boil the water over high heat.
- Step Two: Put the 1 1/2 cups of white rice in one pot to cook.
- Step Three: Cut the two chicken breasts into small pieces, and put the cut up chicken into the other pot to cook.
- Step Four: Let the rice cook for about 15 minutes. Check the rice periodically. Once the rice is almost done, yet not completely done, take out the rice.
- Step Five: Let the chicken cook for about 15 minutes. Take the chicken out just before its done cooking. Strain the chicken.
- Step Six: Once the rice is done cooking, strain the water from the rice. Get two medium sized pans out. Once pan to cook the rice, and one pan to cook the chicken.
- Step Seven: Put the rice in one pan to cook along with the two eggs to cook under medium high heat. Drizzle the sweet and sour sauce over the rice and eggs while stirring. Do this until the flavor of the sweet and sour sauce is thoroughly incorporated into the rice. Taste the flavor of the rice while adding in the sauce to ensure that you add just enough sauce for your taste.
- Step Eight: Put the chicken in the other pan to cook over medium high hear. Drizzle the chicken with the sweet and sour sauce as well. Once again stir and drizzle the sweet and sour sauce over the chicken until the flavor of the sweet and sour sauce is thoroughly incorporated into the chicken.
- Step Nine:Once the rice has been cooking for 5 minutes add in the sweet peas, and carrots to the rice and stir well. Give the rice 5 minutes to finish cooking before turning off the burner. Let the chicken cook during this time. Once the rice is done turn off the chicken as well.
- Step Ten: Warm up the BUSH’s Asian BBQ Beans. If you like you can serve the beans as a side as opposed to mixing it with the rice and chicken.
- Step Eleven: Mix the chicken, rice, and beans together.
- Step Twelve: Serve up, and enjoy!