As I was perusing Gentlemint yesterday, I came across a recipe: Pulled Pork Sandwich made with Root Beer. It looked delicious and sounded tasty so I wanted to try it out. We do not normally eat a lot of pork for dinner. In fact, we might have grilled Pork Chops every once an a while. Although, we do enjoy some breakfast pork: bacon, sausage or ham. Who doesn’t? It is a delicious breakfast meat.
Pulled Pork with Root Beer
I must admit, this has to be one of the easiest dinners I have made in a while. I mean, other than something frozen that I threw in the oven. Plus, when I went to the market this morning, it did not take much to get everything I needed. It takes 4 ingredients.
- 1 pork tenderloin (2 lbs)
- 1 can or bottle root beer (12 oz)
- 1 bottle your favorite barbecue sauce (18 oz)
- 8 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Rinse and tenderize your pork tenderloin prior to placing in your slow cooker.
- Pour entire contents of root beer over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours… or until well done. Cooking times may vary based on your slow cooker and meat.
- Drain all but half a cup of the root beer juice in the cooker.
- Pull apart the meat (I simply used two forks).
- Combine the pulled pork meat and barbecue sauce in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for another 20 minutes.
- Serve over hamburger buns (toasted is optional).
The Pulled Pork Root Beer sandwich was very filling and full of flavor. The meat was both juicy and tender. The kids even enjoyed it. Plus, we made a side of sweet potato fries and they complimented the seasoning well. This is one meal that will definitely make it into our normal menu planning rotation.