It can get pretty warm in summer here in Texas. Our family loves to cool off with an ice cream treat. National Ice Cream Sandwich Day is coming up, so my girls and I are going to create some cool summer treats to celebrate the day. We are starting with a family favorite, Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich Cake.
This is pretty decadent but the kids love it. This is a cake that uses pre-made ice cream sandwiches filling. This takes ice cream sandwiches to a new level. Since we are working with ice cream, it is important to assemble the cake quickly. Here is what you will need and the instructions.
Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
14 or 16 rectangular chocolate ice cream sandwiches with vanilla ice cream inside
Your favorite chocolate frosting
A can or tub of whipped cream topping
Chocolate candy pieces, chopped (peanut butter cups, malted milk balls, butter fingers….)
1. Have a foil lined sheet pan ready, as well as all of your toppings.
2. Take half of the ice cream sandwiches out of the freezer, unwrap, and arrange in a single layer on the sheet pan.
3. Spread chocolate frosting on top of the sandwiches.
4. Take the rest of the sandwiches out of the freezer, unwrap, and arrange on top of the chocolate frosted sandwiches.
5. Cover the entire cake with whipped topping and spread evenly to coat.
6. Drizzle streaks of chocolate and caramel syrup across the cake and coat with pieces of chopped candy.
7. Place this in the freezer to chill and enjoy it sliced.