Let’s face it: we all have that knack to update and enhance our garage once now and then. That may be through the concept of renovating or simply adding a nice artistic touch. But when we’re talking about garages, the doors come into play immediately. Your garage door is one of the most crucial aspects of your garage. It provides an access point, as well as security for the complex. So you may be wondering: can I enhance my garage with a new garage door? How about sectional garage doors?
We are happy to let you know that you can! For today, we will talk about sectional garage doors. We will find out how they work, check their benefits, and everything else in between.
What Is A Sectional Garage Door?
Sectional garage doors are custom-built doors that come with separate panels. These panels lift up once you open the door, and they will stay parallel with the garage’s ceiling. A typical sectional garage door has eight to nine panels, and numerous components keep it secure and functioning efficiently.
You can check emergency garage door repair in Chicago, a service that can help with any issues related to sectional garage doors. They are experts in repairing and maintaining this type of garage door.
Here are the parts of a sectional garage door:
- Panel doors – the panel doors make up the entire door structure. They come in various sizes and color patterns.
- Hinges – The hinges secure and keep the panel doors in place.
- Castors – these components allow the door to move up and down.
- Track system – the track system is the foundation of the garage door. It holds the panels and everything that makes it work. The track system connects with the door frame and the garage roof.
You can operate sectional garage doors automatically with a press of a button. But they also come in a design that lets you move them by hand if the power’s out.
Additionally, if you live in a region with extreme temperatures or if you plan to use your garage as a living or working space, consider insulation options for your sectional garage door. Insulated doors help maintain the temperature inside the garage, reduce energy costs, and provide soundproofing benefits.
The Advantages Of A Sectional Garage Door
Installing a sectional garage door has its share of benefits. Check them out below:
- Sectional garage doors do not require outside space for them to open. You may park vehicles near it, and you won’t have trouble opening the garage door.
- You have the option to use as many panels as you desire. The more you utilize, the less pressure there is for the castor components.
- You can replace damaged door panels with ease.
- Door panels are customizable. You may use numerous materials for them.
- You can adjust door panels to serve a specific function, such as ventilation, natural lighting, security, insulation, and so much more.
- Sectional garage doors are a lot durable against weather conditions than roller or tilt doors.
- They are very secure.
How About Disadvantages?
Like any decent physical item, sectional garage doors have several disadvantages.
- Sectional garage doors accumulate additional space below the ceiling that you can instead use for extra storage room.
- These doors require heavy maintenance. You need to check on them at least once a day.
- They are dangerous to handle without prior skill.
Purchasing Sectional Garage Doors
You don’t have to go far and wide to get your hands on sectional garage doors. There are hundreds of selections and catalog items at your local hardware store. There you will get to pick items as you please, and you get to physically see and touch them as well.
But perhaps traveling isn’t your shopping style, so you’d do all of the door hunting at home. Sounds impossible? We think not. You can go online and visit numerous websites and platforms that cater to garage door goods. You will have a splendid time looking for ideal sectional garage doors that will fit your needs.
Installing Sectional Garage Doors
Sectional garage doors can be highly dangerous. You cannot take them for granted, not even for one bit. That is why installing and maintaining them is tricky and challenging. Don’t get us wrong. You can do the maintenance and installation on your own. But you have to make sure you have the necessary skillset and materials to do the job. One wrong move can cost you dearly.
But there are instances where you have to throw the towel in, especially if the task is too much for you to handle. That is why you should get in touch with a local garage door company. A company will be more than willing to give you a hand and handle your sectional garage door woes. But before you hire professional help, take note if the company is legitimate or not. You can do this by checking their reviews, company website, accreditations, and other documentation. A business is fishy enough should they not disclose such information. Better to be safe than sorry later.
As A Final Note
Sectional garage doors are ideal for your property. They add aesthetic appeal and security. Plus, these doors will also increase your property’s value if you have plans to sell or rent it out. So go on and start looking up sectional garage doors today.