Soup is always great when the weather begins to get cold, and fall is here. Soup is comforting and warms your stomach. One great soup to make during the fall season is potato soup. Potato soup is easy to prepare and tastes great!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 Hours
- Total Time: 5h 15min
You will need:
- 6 potatoes
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 1 quart of half and half
- 1/2 gallon of water
- 1/2 onion
What you do:
- Step One: Dice all six potatoes, and place them in a crock pot set to medium- high. Slice the baby carrots, and place them into the crock pot. Also, cut the 1/2 onion very small, and place them into the crock pot as well.
- Step Two: Fill the crock pot with the half gallon of water. Add a teaspoon of salt, and a teaspoon of pepper before placing the lid over the crock pot.
- Step Three: Let the soup cook in the crock pot for about 2 1/2 hours on medium- high heat. Since the soup takes about 4 1/2 – 5 hours to cook completely, I’d recommend starting the soup in the morning or in the early afternoon to ensure that it is done by dinner.
- Step Four: After 2 1/2 hours open the crock pot, and pour the entire quart of half and half into the crock pot.
- Step Five: Let the soup cook for an additional 2 hours in the crock pot.
- Step Six: After 2 hours, check the soup. If the potatoes and carrots are completely cooked turn off the soup and serve. You can check if the potatoes and carrots are cooked by putting a fork through them, and if the fork goes completely through the potato easily then you know the potatoes and carrots are completely cooked.
- Step Seven: Add salt and pepper to taste, serve, and enjoy!
This potato soup recipe is simple, and easy to male. Just put it in the crock pot! Potato soup makes the perfect fall comfort food when the cold months begin. Also, you can serve this soup with a side salad. It is perfect for a soup and salad night with family or friends!