10 Tips from Milk Unleashed for Keeping them Happy and Healthy! Milk Unleashed is an educational campaign aimed at families to let them know about shelf safe milk. It is real, Grade A milk that is ultra pasteurized, packaged in a shelf safe Tetra Pak carton (similar to a juice carton or carton of soup) that doesn’t require refrigeration until opened (no preservatives added). So there’s no need to sacrifice nutrition when the family is on the go.
Traveling with Kids
- Pre-freeze a few cartons of shelf safe milk for the ride. By lunch time you will have a delicious, chilled and nutritious drink.
- Since the milk can be stored in the pantry for up to six months without refrigeration, the single serve cartons are ideal to toss into the diaper bag, purse and take on road trips.
- Before the trip, make a CD or playlist of your kids’ favorite songs, mixed with your favorite songs from when you were growing up.
- Prepare for the dreaded phrase, “I’m bored.” Fill a box with anything that could be used on a car trip to stir up fun.
- Map it! Print out a good old-fashioned road map and a handful of colored pencils or markers to track the journey.
- Provide a camera so the kids can capture the most amazing things they see on the trip to Grandma’s…with prizes (funniest, best animal shot, etc.).
- If you’ll be visiting people who don’t have children, they may not have kid-friendly snacks. Pack extra cartons of shelf safe milk and snack bags filled with trail mix, cut up fruit or cereal and some string cheese.
- Even though everyone just wants to get there…long car trips can be tiring. Plan a few fun stops along the way…to a park, scenic lookout or funky landmark.
- On the ride home, have everyone share their three favorite things about the holiday trip.
- Download more ideas for “Family Adventures on the Mooove.”
ABOUT TETRA PAK AND MILK UNLEASHED
Tetra Pak is the world’s leading food processing and packaging solutions company. Working closely with our customers and suppliers, we provide safe, innovative and environmentally sound products that each day meet the needs of hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. With more than 23,000 employees based in over 85 countries, we believe in responsible industry leadership and a sustainable approach to business. Our motto, “PROTECTS WHAT’S GOOD™,” reflects our vision to make food safe and available, everywhere. More information about Tetra Pak is available at www.tetrapakusa.com. In 2012, Tetra Pak launched Milk Unleashed, an educational campaign in the U.S. and Canada to inform families about shelf safe milk and how they can have real, Grade A nutritious milk, anytime, anywhere.