Big Bear Lake is a leading mountain resort town in San Bernardino County, California, and one of the best tourist destinations in the United States. It features four-season attractions and activities, making it the ideal vacation spot for all types of tourists.
The local government is continuously implementing programs to preserve its natural landscapes and maintain its attractiveness and improve the tourists’ experience.
If you want to visit the municipality, make sure to rent one of the Big Bear cabins to make your stay comfortable and safe. There are many available accommodations in the area, so choosing the best fit for you could be a little tricky. This article recommends several questions to ask when renting a cabin to ensure you will not encounter several issues during your stay in the rental property.
Questions to Consider When Looking for A Cabin for Rent
Renting a cabin in a top vacation spot like Big Bear Lake has its complexities. You may end up with a bad experience or regret your decision if you don’t ask the right questions before you finalize your booking. Here are some things to ask before you decide:
- How much is the total rental price, the deposit to be made, and the additional fees? Inquire about the rent and the things that come with it. Learn also about the deposit and the schedule of payments. You should also ask about the additional fees, like entrance fees, cleaning fees, garbage disposal fees, and linen fees.
- If I cancel, can I get a refund? Makesure you know their policy on cancellations and ask whether you can reschedule.
- Do you allow pets? If you plan to take your pets with you, make sure they are permitted and know whether you will pay additional fees.
- What are your plans in case of emergencies? Know your provider’s measures in case of emergencies, like fire, storms, theft, and accidents. Also, ask the contact person in case of emergencies.
- How many rooms in the cabin and how many people it can accommodate? If you plan to have a separate room for you and your kids, ask about things like the number of bedrooms and how many people can use the cabin. There are different types and sizes of Big Bear cabins for rent in the area, so you can choose what is best for you.
- What are the amenities that come with the rent? Ask whether there are cooking utensils in the kitchen that are free to use, as well as other accessories like shower, refrigerator, stove, cable TV, Internet, etc.
- What are the accessible tourist attractions and facilities? Make sure the cabin is near the attractions you want to visit. Also, ask whether it is near the banks, ATMs, public transport stations, grocery stores, car shops, restaurants, and pharmacies.
- What is your policy on cabin damage and lost accessories? Ask whether you will pay additional fees for lost items or damaged properties. Also, ask how to report a problem and whether an employee is available to handle issues 24/7.