We all know that Empire is on the rise again with the release of new Star Wars: The Force Awakens movie on December 18th. One of my favorite characters in the Star Wars Saga are the Stormtroopers. These black & white, blaster wielding, Empire soldiers are awesome. That is why I am sharing this how to make your own Mickey Mouse Star Wars Stormtrooper cookies.
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups soft unsalted butter
2 cups granulated sugar
Royal Icing Recipe:
2 egg whites
1 cups powder sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
Black, grey, green & red gel food coloring
Star Wars Mickey Mouse Cookie Directions:
1. Cream the soft butter with the sugar until the combination is smooth — not grainy to the touch — in a mixing bowl.
2. Add all 4 eggs at one time. Continue to mix.
3. Add the vanilla. Continue mixing.
4. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together; then add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
5. Continue mixing to make sure all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
6. Make the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling wrap completely covering the entire dough ball.
7. Put in the refrigerator for about 6 hours or overnight. Check to see if the dough is firm.
8. Preheat oven to 325°F.
9. Pull the cookie dough out of the refrigerator and sit it out to soften up a bit.
10. Put flour out on the wood cutting board, rub flour on the rolling pin, and work some flour into the batter, if needed.
11. Roll the dough out on the cutting board and using the plaque cookie cutter begin to make your cookies.
12. Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper.
13. Using a metal spatula move the cut cookies to the parchment lined cookie sheet.
14. Bake at 325°F for 8 minutes. Check to see if cookies are thoroughly baked.
15. Take the cookies off of the cookie sheet and put on a wire rack to cool completely (approximately 10 minutes).
16. Decorate according to directions below.
1. Combine all ingredients (except your food coloring) in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes.
2. If icing is not stiff enough, add 1/4 cup powder sugar.
3. Take out 1/3 cup of icing add several drops of red gel food coloring. Stir to mix.
4. Divide the remaining icing into three bowls.
5. In the first bowl, add several drops of black gel food coloring. Stir to blend.
6. In the second bowl, add several drops of green gel food coloring. Stir to blend.
7. Keep the third bowl of icing white.
8. Spoon each color of icing into individual frosting bags with a #2 tips. Twist the open end of the bag to push the icing to the tip.
Mickey as a Stormtrooper:
1. Use the Storm Trooper in the picture as the outline.
2. Outline each of the cookies in white except for the ears . Allow to dry for about 30 seconds before filling in the cookie. Fill in the cookie with the *white thinner icing. (*Squeeze half of the white icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water to this and mix it in). Allow to dry for about 30 seconds.
3. Leave the rest of the icing in the frosting bag for later use on the cookies.
4. Outline the ears in black . Allow to dry for about 30 seconds before filling in the ear. Fill in the ears with the *black thinner icing. (*Squeeze half of the black icing into a bowl then add 1 tsp of water to this and mix it in). Allow to dry for about 30 seconds.
5. Leave the rest of the icing in the frosting bag for later use on the cookies.
6. Using the black thicker icing, draw a line across the face of the cookies just above the bottom of the ears. Allow a few seconds for this to dry.
7. Move down to the eye area and draw two candy corn shaped eyes laying on their sides. On each side of the cookie where the eyes are add two straight lines in black. Allow to dry slightly before moving to the next area on the face.
8. For the mouth, draw a upside V in black. On each side of the face draw three short lines in the thick black icing. Allow to dry for 30 seconds.
9. For the chin, in black icing draw a two tier cake with the bottom layer a littler larger than the top layer. Fill in the layers in the thinner black icing. Allow to dry for 30 seconds.
10. Last step is to add two black dots next to the drawing on the chin.
11. Allow for the cookie to dry for 5-10 hours.