On our tour of some of the ABC Studios we visited the set of “The Middle” as well as some of the cast of the show on ABC. We were able to visit with Neil Flynn, Patricia Heaton, Charlie McDermott, and Atticus Shaffer. In fact, everybody except Eden Sher, who plays Sue on the show. It was quite the pleasure hanging out and snapping pictures with one another.
The Middle Cast on ABC
The Middle is such a fun family show that for some reason, we, as a family, some times relate to. The situations that Mike & Frankie often find themselves in seems like I am looking into a mirror. I wasn’t a fan of The Middle until my visit, but now I feel like I am an advocate for the show. Watch “The Middle” every Wednesday 8/7pm CST!
Forget about athletes, movie stars and politicians. Parents are the real heroes—but we think Frankie Heck (Patricia Heaton), must be some kind of superhero. A loving wife and mother of three, she’s middle class in the middle of the country and is rapidly approaching middle age.
Frankie and her husband, Mike (Neil Flynn), have lived in Orson, Indiana, their whole lives. A man of few words (every one a zinger), Mike is a manager at the town quarry and Frankie is the third-best used car salesman (out of the three) at the local dealership. She may not be a high-powered career woman, but when it comes to her family, she’ll go to just about any length. And with kids like these, she had better. There’s Axl (Charlie McDermott), her semi-nudist teenage son conceived while under the influence of Guns N’ Roses; Sue (Eden Sher), the awkward teenage daughter who fails at everything… but with the utmost of gusto; and their seven-year-old son Brick(Atticus Shaffer), whose best friend is his backpack.
Sometimes it seems like everyone is trying to get to the top, or struggling not to hit bottom, but we think Frankie and her family will find a lot of love, and a lot of laughs, somewhere in The Middle.
Meet the Cast of The Middle on ABC
- Frankie Heck (Patricia Heaton) works hard. This supermom has to wrangle three of the quirkiest, but most lovable kids you’ve ever seen and a blue collar husband who’s known for his tell-it-like-it-is personality more than anything else.
- Mike Heck (Neil Flynn) is the patriarch of the Heck household. He loves his kids and he loves his wife, but his parenting style is a little unorthodox and he may not always be the most sensitive of life partners for his harried and hurried wife.
- Axl, (Charlie McDermott) the oldest son of Frankie and Mike Heck, was conceived during what might be remembered as the Guns N’ Roses period in the Heck household.
- Sue (Eden Sher) is the only daughter of Frankie and Mike Heck. While middle children might be known for being passed over, we’re pretty sure you won’t forget about Sue.
- Brick (Atticus Shaffer) is the youngest child of Frankie and Mike Heck. He’s known both in the household and out for some, let’s say odd behavior—his best friend is his backpack—but that doesn’t mean that he can’t pull it together when he needs to in order to help his mom make a sale.
Get Social with The Middle on ABC
https://twitter.com/TheMiddle_ABC ( #TheMiddle #ABCTVEvent )