Disclosure – This post is sponsored by The National Milk Mustache “got milk?” Campaign, but the story is my own. #GotMilkGotProtein
With the new year upon us, it gives us a chance to reflect on the old, and focus on the new things in our live. For me, it is a time to recap, and focus on new personal and business goals. This year for 2014 I look forward to spending more quality time with my family, get organized around the house, and live a healthier lifestyle.
Get Off to the Right Start with Milk
Ever since I started blogging full time, my life has changed for the better. I have been able to make relationships, and attend events I would have never thought about. So, I love my blogging life. One thing I have gotten away from, prior to my new career, is my morning routine. Once upon a time I would get up early to get myself and the kids ready fort he day. We would have a smart breakfast to get our day started right, and us out the door.
Now I have developed a pattern of staying up late into the early morning hours, and sleeping into nine or ten in the morning. By that time, I find myself stumbling around the house looking for something quick and easy to eat. After, temporary fueling my body with non sense foods, I feel my body has not received the right start for the day.
Breakfast at home each morning is critical to helping your family get off to the right start each day!
For 2014, I have challenge myself to make a change for a better start to the morning. I am looking to pave a foundation of better health, and what better start than in the morning.
Kick Start the Morning with Milk
After visiting with nationally acclaimed culinary and nutrition expert Robin Plotkin RD ,LN I have some great ideas to kick start my day. Robin and I talked about what food may and may not work for my family. We visited about how important it is to kick start the morning with milk, and a proper diet.
Since, Robin Plotkin was most recently quoted in tons of publications like:
- Health Magazine
- USA Today
- Prevention Magazine
- Today’s Dietitian
- Woman’s Day
- Healthy Eats
- Food Network’s Healthy Living Blog
I figured I should be safe to get some great advise to get back on track to a health morning start. So starting this coming week I am reclaiming my mornings as my “Power Hours”. Starting my mornings with high-quality protein at breakfast to help me keep stay fuller longer and help me stick to a healthy eating habit.
- Milk is a breakfast powerhouse, packed with 9 essential nutrients in each glass. It’s a natural source of high-quality protein to build muscle, plus it has calcium and vitamin D to strengthen bones and B vitamins for energy.
- An 8 oz. glass of milk has 8 g. of high-quality protein. Not all protein sources are created equal. Milk protein is a high-quality protein, which provides more protein than an egg.
Get Social with Milk
- Website – GotMilkGotProtein.com
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MilkMustacheCampaign
- Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/MilkMustache
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/MilkMustache
- Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/mymilkmustache/
- Instagram – http://instagram.com/milkmustache