A Good Meatball Recipe
Seems like in the fall my life is moving so fast. My days are moving with soccer practices, school field trips, and singing and guitar lessons. Not to mention a 6 year old that’s new favorite question is “what’s for dinner?” With this much going on I love getting dinner ready in the morning before my girls even start thinking about asking “what’s for dinner?” This Easy Homemade Meatballs are a lifesaver for a constant moving dad like me. This takes me less than 15 minutes in prep and let it cook all day. I pair mine with a quick batch of pasta and garlic bread on the side. I hope you enjoy one of my family’s favorites!
Ingredients for Meatball:
- 1½ pounds ground lean beef
- 1 ¼ cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. salt
Ingredients for Sauce:
- 1 (28 ounce) jar of traditional spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14.25 ounce) can tomato puree
What to do:
- In a large bowl, beat the egg with a fork. Add the parsley, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Use your fingers to lightly break apart the ground beef and add it to the bowl with the breadcrumb mixture. Lightly toss the crumbled ground beef and breadcrumbs. Then pack and roll out 16 meatballs using the palms of your hands. They should be a bit smaller than a golf ball.
- In a slow cooker, mix the spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, and tomato puree. Place the meatballs into the sauce mixture tightly, make sure meatballs are covered. Slow cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve in deep bowls to surround meatballs with sauce on top of noodles. Garnish with a piece of parsley and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!