The 2021 Honda Ridgeline is a top-ranked midsize pickup in its class of trucks. There are few similarly sized pickups that can match the smooth ride, quiet and comfortable interior cabin, and spacious storage options.
How Tough is the 2021 Honda Ridgeline
The Ridgeline has impressive towing and hauling power. This truck embraces off-road capability to allow you to handle just about any recreational or work task. At the same time, the interior is well-appointed and equipped with the comfort of the driver and passengers in mind.
Honda has made a deliberate effort to make the Ridgeline more like a truck than its cousin the Pilot SUV with the open cargo bed in the back. The rear also has a new bumper design and sporty dual exhaust.
The body redesign at the front helps give the Ridgeline a newer squared-off look that is different from prior years.
Other changes include standard all-wheel-drive for 2021 and a welcome volume knob for the infotainment system. Other than that, the Ridgeline hasn’t changed too much. Why change what works?
Honda Ridgeline Models
The 2021 Honda Ridgeline pickup is offered in 4 trim levels: Sport, RTL, RTL-E, and the Black Edition. Each model is powered by a 3.5-liter V6 engine with 280 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft of torque.
All have a nine-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive. Each model varies a little, so let’s explore the options.
The base Sport trim includes:
- LED headlights
- Push-button proximity entry and engine start
- 8-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility
- Seven-speaker sound system
- Tri-zone climate control
- Honda Sensing safety suite
The next level RTL adds a few creature comforts to the base model:
- Power-sliding rear window
- Heated front seat with power adjust
- Leather upholstery
- Blind-spot monitoring
The RTL-E offers several technology upgrades:
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Second-row USB charging ports
- Eight-speaker audio system
- Truck bed audio speaker
- Heated steering wheel
- Navigation system
- LED ambient interior lighting
- Electrical power outlet in the bed
Black Edition Trim – 2021 Honda Ridgeline
The Black Edition is more of a cosmetic upgrade from the RTL-E with:
- Blacked-out exterior trim
- Black wheels
- Black leather interior with red accents
- Red LED interior lighting