Do want turn head when you drive by, or better yet, do want to beat everyone off the line at a light? Well then let me introduce you to the Lexus ES 300H, “H” is for hybrid. This is one of the most amazing luxury vehicles I have driven to date. Why is it amazing? Let me tell you why.
Lexus ES 300H
The ES 300h has a striking figure, highlighted by the Lexus spindle grille dramatic L-themed LED daytime running lights and coupe like profile. It is also a car with striking fuel economy figures, delivering EPA fuel economy ratings of 40 mpg city / 39 mpg highway / 40 mpg combined. Which makes the 2014 Lexus ES 300h one of the most fuel-efficient luxury sedans available. The car’s shape cheats the wind with a low 0.27 coefficient of drag (Cd), which helps reduce fuel consumption and minimize wind noise. The ES 300h conveys its hybrid status in subtle ways, with specific split-five-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels, lip spoiler, hidden exhaust pipe and blue hybrid badges.
The ES 300h model’s Hybrid Synergy Drive combines a 2.5-liter four-cylinder Atkinson cycle engine with an electric motor to generate 200 total system horsepower. Teamed to the system’s electronic continuously variable transmission, the powertrain can move the ES 300h in rapid fashion, with zero to 60 mph in 8.1 seconds.
The ES 300h driver can exert control over the car’s responses by selecting from among four modes: Normal, Sport, Eco and EV. In certain conditions, while in EV mode, the car can be driven short distances at reduced speed, using only the power from the hybrid battery pack. Normal mode provides an ideal blend of performance and efficiency for everyday driving. Eco mode favors fuel economy, and Sport mode increases powertrain responsiveness for a more engaging driving experience.
The ultra-quiet ES 300h cabin makes the perfect listening stage for the standard Lexus Premium Sound System. The eight-speaker system plays from a variety of sources, including the in-dash CD player, USB/iPod® connectivity, and an integrated SiriusXM® Satellite Radio receiver with an all-access 90-day trial subscription. Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) adjusts system volume in response to ambient noise.
The ES 300h offers two audio upgrades. The first level upgrade is the Display Audio package, which adds a seven-inch screen, HD Radio™ with iTunes® tagging, Bluetooth® audio, phone transfer, a vehicle information display and a rear backup camera.
Awards and Recognition
- October 2012 – The 2013 Lexus ES 350 and ES 300h earned the IIHS Top Safety Pick award, with good performance in moderate overlap frontal, side, rollover and rear impact evaluations.
- November 2012 – Consumer Reports has given the 2013 Lexus ES its stamp of approval, naming both the ES 300h and the ES 350 to its Recommended list.
- December 2012 – The 2013 Lexus ES has received the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) highest overall rating – five stars – in the agency’s New Car Assessment Program. Both the ES 350 and the ES 300h received the five-star overall rating from NHTSA.
- January 2013 – ES 300h wins Kiplinger’s Personal Finance Most Fuel-Efficient: Cars $40,000-$50,000.
- November 2013 – Kelley Blue Book KBB.com awards the 2014 ES 300h the 2014 Best Resale Value award in the Hybrid/Alternative Energy Car category. February 2014 –IntelliChoice names 2014 ES 300h for Best Overall Value award in the Premium Passenger Car category.
- April 2014 – ES 300h is named on KBB.com’s 10 Best Green Cars of 2014.
Do you want one? For more information on the 2014 Lexus ES 300H sedan or any other Lexus vehicle visit their website.