Disclaimer: We paid for our cruise and were given the packages mentioned below for the purpose of this review.
Have you booked your Royal Caribbean cruise? Are you looking for ways to personalize your cruising experience?
Personalize Your Cruise Experience
One great aspect of a cruise is the variety of ways you can upgrade your experience to fit your personal needs.
You can easily add packages, based on your wants, to your cruise to enhance your vacation at sea.
Royal Caribbean’s Cruise Planner lets you secure Specialty Dining reservations and purchase WiFi and Drink Packages before you even set sail— featuring the best savings.
What restaurants are on a cruise ship?
Your cruise fare includes meals and snacks while onboard. But, if you’re wanting to change things up with your food choices, you can make reservations at a Specialty Dining restaurant.
Specialty restaurants vary by ship, but, depending on your cruise, you could see one or more of the following on your ship:
- Chops Grille: classic Royal Caribbean steakhouse
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen: Italian cuisine featuring pizza and pasta
- Izumi: Japanese teppanyaki and sushi restaurant
- Chef’s Table: 6-course tasting menu paired with a different types of wine
- Johnny Rockets: Americana fare with burgers, fries, and milkshakes
Royal Caribbean has 2 Specialty Dining Packages available:
- 3 Restaurant Package: choose to dine at 3 different venues
- Unlimited Dining Package: Enjoy multiple entrees and visit multiple specialty restaurants every night of your sailing, as well as lunch at specialty restaurants on sea days. Plus, enjoy a discount of 40% off bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100 while dining in specialty restaurants
Plus, kids under 5 eat free and they get their own kid-friendly menu.
Are drinks included on cruises?
Now that you have your specialty meals planned, it’s time to enhance your beverages.
Complimentary drinks included with your cruise fare are water, tea, brewed coffee, milk, and some juices.
If you’re considering a soda or two a day, or perhaps an alcoholic beverage or mocktail, it’s worth looking at the Beverage Packages.
The drink packages aboard Royal Caribbean include:
- Water Package: 6, 12 or 24 packs of water delivered to your stateroom
- Classic Soda Package: Fountain soda and refills at any venue, Coca-Cola® Freestyle beverages, Coca-Cola® souvenir cup
- Refreshment Package: Fountain soda and refills at any venue, Coca-Cola® Freestyle beverages, Coca-Cola® souvenir cup, Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails), Still and sparkling water, Premium coffees and teas, Fresh-squeezed juices
- Deluxe Beverage Package: Fountain soda and refills at any venue, Coca-Cola® Freestyle beverages, Coca-Cola® souvenir cup, Non-alcoholic cocktails (mocktails), Still and sparkling water, Premium coffees and teas, Fresh-squeezed juices, Cocktails, Spirits, Liquor, Beer, and Wine by the Glass
Purchase your Beverage Package before sailing for the best prices!
Can you use internet on cruise ships?
If you’re wanting to stay connected onboard, you’ll most likely want to look at an Internet Package.
Royal Caribbean VOOM, the fastest internet at sea, is now available on every Royal Caribbean ship.
Based on your WiFi needs, you can choose from two different internet packages:
- VOOM Surf Voyage Package: lets you message and video chat, browse the web, send emails, and post on social media
- VOOM Surf + Stream Voyage Package: lets you message and video chat, browse the web, send emails, and post on social media; plus stream videos, movies, music and shows
If you’re simply looking to stay connected with family and friends back home, the VOOM Surf Package is ideal. But, if you plan on streaming movies or music, you’ll need the VOOM Surf + Stream Voyage Package.
The internet packages are available for up to 4 devices so you can stay connected on your laptops and tablets as well.
What is all-inclusive on a cruise?
As you begin to consider which packages you want to add to your cruising experience, here is a quick reminder of everything already included in your cruise:
- Ship accommodations
- Ocean transportation
- Most meals onboard
- Some beverages onboard
- Most entertainment onboard
You’ve already paid for a place to sleep, essential meals, and multiple destinations based on your cruise itinerary.