Bidets have been a popular bathroom fixture in Europe and Asia for many years, but they are just starting to gain popularity in the United States.
A bidet is a structure used in plumbing for hygiene purposes. It uses a stream of water to clean the perineal area. There are many benefits to using a bidet that make it a must-have in every home.
Benefits of Using Bidets
• Improves Personal Hygiene: Using a bidet improves personal hygiene because it cleans more effectively than toilet paper. Bidets use a stream of water to clean the perineal area, which is more effective at removing bacteria and fecal matter than toilet paper. Using a bidet reduces the amount of bacteria and fecal matter left on the skin after using the toilet, which reduces the risk of infection and irritation.
• Reduces Toilet Paper Usage: Using a bidet can significantly reduce the amount of toilet paper used in the household. The average person uses 100 rolls of toilet paper each year, which is both expensive and wasteful. Bidets use water to clean, which means there is no need for toilet paper. Not only is this more environmentally friendly, but it can also save on households money on toilet paper expenses.
• Helps Those with Mobility Issues: People with mobility issues, such as the elderly and disabled, may struggle with cleaning themselves after using the toilet. A bidet can help by providing an effective and hygienic way to clean without relying on assistance from others.
• Cost-effective: While the initial cost of a bidet may be higher than that of toilet paper, over time, using a bidet can save you money since you won’t need to purchase toilet paper as often.
• Reduced risk of irritation: Toilet paper can be rough especially for those with sensitive skin or conditions like hemorrhoids. Bidets are gentler and can help reduce the risk of irritation.
• Increased comfort: Using a bidet can be more comfortable and soothing than using toilet paper, for those with certain medical conditions.
Types of Bidets
Many Bidets – best bidets are becoming increasingly popular as people seek more hygienic, environmentally friendly, and comfortable alternatives to traditional toilet paper. There are several types of bidets available and each has features that make it unique.
Here Are a Few Types of Bidets Available
1. Standalone Bidet: A standalone bidet is a separate fixture that is installed next to the toilet. It typically has its own water supply and drain.
2. Bidet Toilet Seat: A bidet toilet seat is a replacement seat that is attached to your existing toilet. It has built-in water jets that provide cleaning and can be controlled with a remote or buttons.
3. Handheld Bidet: A handheld bidet is a spray wand that is attached to the toilet or mounted on the wall. It is used to spray water for cleaning.
4. Portable Bidet: A portable bidet is a device that you can take with you when you travel or use in different bathrooms. It typically consists of a bottle or container that you fill with water and a nozzle for spraying.
5. Bidet Attachment: A bidet attachment is a device that is attached to the toilet bowl and provides a stream of water for cleaning. It can be controlled with a dial or lever.
Bidets offer a range of benefits for personal hygiene, the environment, and those with mobility issues. They are an effective and hygienic way to clean after using the toilet and can significantly reduce the amount of toilet paper used in households. There are two main types of bidets to choose from, standalone and toilet seat bidets, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. Based on your personal needs and preferences, be sure to make the choice that suits you and completes your life expectations properly.