Disclosure: We were loaned the Ford Explorer Sport for 7 days in order to facilitate this review. No other compensation was given. All opinions are 100% my own.
A few months ago we were able to test drive a review an family-friendly Ford Explore Sport with all-wheel drive. I don’t normally say “I love” something other than to my wife, kids, and certain mexican food; but I loved the Ford Explorer Sport. This astonishing automobile in simply beautiful, when it come to design, functionality, fuel-efficiency, and safety. So other than just sharing my excitement for the Ford Explore Sport, I want to point out 5 reason I think it every Dad should have one.
1. Safety First in the Ford Explorer Sport
Like any other Dad my job is to keep everyone safe and sound. If I didn’t do that then I would be doing my job as a parent. The Ford Explore Sport gives me that satifaction knowing I did my best to take care of those that are important to me.
- With Ford’s AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control (RSC®) help detect wheelslip, understeer, oversteer or roll motion. So that one time you loose control, the Ford Explorer Sport helps correct the condition to keep you on the road.
- Safety Canopy System combines side-curtain airbags and a rollover sensor to help provide head and chest protection for outboard first, second and third-row passengers in certain side-impact and rollover accidents.
- Front passenger knee airbags
- LATCH – Lower Anchors and Tether Anchors for Children
- Inflatable rear outboard safety belts
- BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert
2. Relax in Comfort in the Ford Explorer Sport
After a long day of work, shuttling kids to school or sports activities you won’t mind sitting back in the 10 way power leather trimmed seats. Made of some the finest leather, it makes it easy to relax a moment with either heated or cooled seats. I also like:
- Power-adjustable pedals with memory
- Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Power titl/telescoping steering column
- Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
3. The Ford Explorer Sport Has Style
Ford Explorer has a sport style when it comes to the interior and exterior.
- Unique EXPLORER badge on the hood
- Gloss black mirrors, heated and with security approach lamps.
- Fog lamps
- Unique blackout treatment on head/taillamps
- Power liftgate
- Liftgate spoiler
- Privacy glass, second and thrid rows
4. Go Further With EcoBoost
Explorer Sport has the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine feature the 6-speed Automatic®transmission with shifter button activation that lets you override automatic operation and have manual control over gear selection. The available 2.0L EcoBoost I-4 comes with a 6-speed automatic.
- And the Explorer Sport comes standard with a 6-speed SelectShift Automatic® with steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters, so you can easily and quickly change gears.
- The Sport also features a sport-tuned suspension to go along with its impressive power.
5. Functional and Convenience is Ford Explorer Sport
- Terrain Management System
- Trailer sway control
- SYNC with MyFord Touch
- Sony Audio System – 12 speaker 390 Watts
- Sirius Satallit
- Reverse sensing and rear view camera
- 6 speed paddle shift
- Remote start
- Push button start
- 3rd row 50/50 fold flat seats
- 1 touch up/down power windows
- Ambient lighting
With all these features and the reliability of Ford Motor Company I can only think job well done. You can now leave the house and feel secure that your family is safe, comfortable and looking good doing it.