Disclosure: I am a proud Bush’s Beans brand ambassador. I have been compensated for my time and efforts in creating this post. As always all opinions stated above are 100% entirely own. #DoneThis
Being from the south I am huge on comfort foods and how they make me feel. So to kick off the cold winter I am reviving my Thick ‘n Hearty Chili recipe. This is so easy to make, I use a crock pot so I can combine the ingredients and walk away.
What You Need
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- One 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- One 15-ounce can Bush’s Chili kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- One 15-ounce can Bush’s pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Shredded Cheddar, for serving
What To Do
- Place the ground beef in a large pot and throw in the garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until browned.
- Drain off the excess fat, and then pour in the tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and cayenne.
- Stir together well, cover, and then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. If the mixture becomes overly dry, add 1/2 cup water at a time as needed.
- Stir together well, and then taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Add the Bush’s beans and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with shredded Cheddar, chopped onions.