This post was created in partnership with Citi®. All thoughts and opinions are my own. #EveryStep
U.S. Olympic Gold Medalist Ted Ligety is teaming up with Youth Enrichment Services to help pay for urban youth to get outdoors where they’ll learn how to ski and snowboard and, in turn, build self-confidence and gain invaluable life skills.
This Park City Utah resident enjoys tennis, water skiing, playing badminton, and formula one racing when he is not skiing slopes. His heart and passion has fueled him to only go further. Just recentlly Ted won at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games, in the men’s giant slalom, 12th in men’s super combined, 14th in men’s super G. I can only image the rush of emotion when being announced number one in the world at those sports.
Other Career Highlights of Ted Ligety
- 37 career World Cup podiums (including 17 giant slalom wins)
- Four-time overall World Cup giant slalom champion (2008, 2010, 2011, 2013)
- Three-time U.S. slalom champion (2005, 2006, 2013)
- Three-time U.S. combined champion (2005-2007)
- 2013, World Cup overall third place
- 2013, World Championships giant slalom gold medalist
- 2013, World Championships super combined gold medalist
- 2013, World Championships super G gold medalist
- 2011, World Championships giant slalom gold medalist
- 2009, World Championships giant slalom bronze medalist
- 2007, U.S. giant slalom champion
Youth Enrichment Services (YES)
As a private, non-profit, community-based organization, YES offers young people year-round activities — both indoors and outdoors — to build self-confidence and leadership skills. Since 1968, our mission has been to inspire and challenge youth with physical and mental activities that foster life-long respect for self, others, and the environment.
Ted is teaming up with Citi Group to donate money to the Youth Enrichment Services, to make difference in a few kids life. Will you help his cause and donate Citi Groups funds to the YES program.