Disclosure: I received a Kidde Worry Free Kitchen Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm for the sole purpose of this review. No other compensation was given. All opinions are 100% my own.
Did you know every 20 seconds, a fire department responds to a fire somewhere in the United States? That amounts to the fact that once a minute a fire occurs in a structure. It is also sad to know that 700-900 people may lose their life due to fires from cigarettes, cooking, or fireplaces.
Some people have pyrophobia – the fear of fire or getting burned. Me? I cannot say I am fearful of either one really. That is not to say I want it to ever happen to me or anyone in my family though. In fact, it is one of my wife’s biggest fears. I tend to worry more about a silent killer like smoke or carbon monoxide. As a parent, especially a dad and head of household, I just want to be able to take care of my wife and children the best way possible.
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm
One way to try to prevent these senseless deaths is to install a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm. In fact, I was able to install one downstairs in the kitchen of our house recently. After doing a little research for a reliable smoke alarm, I decided to try the Kidde Worry Free Kitchen Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm. Reading through the key features and facts about this alarm helped me to see why it was an excellent choice for my family:
- Hush® button – Allows you to quickly silence nuisance alarms
- Advanced Technology – Intelligent multi-sensing algorithm for fewer nuisance alarms
- Works during power outages – Battery powered alarm
- Loud 85 decibel alarm
- Single screw mounting – Quick and easy to install
- End of Life Chirp – Sounds when battery needs to be changed
- Decade of protection – Sealed lithium battery provides 10 years of continuous power
- Always On – Offers 24/day, 7 days/week protection from smoke, fire, and carbon monoxide
Safe and Sound
I am happy with the Kidde Worry Free Kitchen Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm. I am now more confident that if something were to go wrong while cooking, this alarm would let everyone in the house know. The installation was incredibly quick and easy. The only tool I needed to pull out was a Phillips screw driver. After a quick 5 minute install, I can now rest assured that Kidde’s 90 years of experience in fire and carbon monoxide protection will provide my family with the proper monitoring.