Pork chops can be tricky to cook properly. If you overcook them, they will dry out and not be juicy. This problem can be solved by cooking in a crockpot or slow cooker. I have a great recipe that you can assemble in the morning before starting your day. Just let the crockpot do the work for eight hours.
Slow Cooker – Rice & Chops
This recipe for rice and chops is a complete meal. You might want to add a simple green salad on the side. The pork chops are moist and the rice is creamy. You only need lean pork chops, such as loin chops, white rice, soup, mushrooms, and garlic. Reserve any salt and pepper for serving because the canned soups will have some seasoning.
An important tip I can offer is to rinse the rice well to remove any excess starch. Otherwise, the sauce might become too thick. Feel free to add extra chicken broth if needed while the dish is slow cooking.
Caution: This will fill the kitchen with aromas that will make your mouth water. Try to be patient.
What You Need
- 4 – 6 lean pork chops
- 1 cup rice (uncooked)
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove fresh garlic (minced)
How to Make Rice & Chops
- Rinse and drain the rice.
- In a large bowl combine rice, soups, mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Mix well.
- Place rice mixture at bottom of crock pot.
- Lay pork chops over rice mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for approximately 8 hours.