Welcome to the season of grilling and eating outside where the warm wind blows! Like a lot of people, I enjoy cooking out and socializing with my family in the summer time. Something about having my friends and family out on the patio under the shade, drinking cold lemonade and watching the kids run around makes me crave some good home grillin’s! Today I am sure you have seen a video, or a recipe pop up on your news feed that has the perfect grilled chicken or maybe steak. My question for you is; have you found a delicious side to pair with, or perhaps the perfect summer sweet treat? Today I am going to share with you two of my family favorite summertime entrée pairings!
Roasted Corn on The Cob
My girls tend to go nuts about food that you have to put some work into, for an example, build your own pizza, stackable crackers and luckily the vegetable that falls into this category is roasted corn on the cob! They order it almost everywhere we go that serves it. So I tend to make it at home often and this is the tastiest recipe I prepare.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 6 ears corn
- Mix the butter, salt, pepper, parsley and rosemary in a small bowl.
- Tear off one sheet of aluminum foil for each ear of corn (large enough to wrap the corn in).
- Spread 1 T butter mixture on each ear of corn then reserve the remaining butter mixture.
- Place 1 ear of corn on each piece of foil and roll up tightly.
- Place on grill and cook for 25 minutes, please turn over half way through!
- Unwrap the foil and spread some of the remaining butter mixture on each ear of corn.
- Final and simplest step; ENJOY some ROASTED CORN on the COB!
After filling up your hungry guest with skillful cooking, time to bust out something sweet to top it all off. Luckily this last taste will be the least of your worries in prepping terms! Try my super simple and refreshing Butterfinger Pie.
- 6 regular Butterfinger candy bars
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Take all of your Butterfinger candy bars, place them in a plastic bag and crush the bars to pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix ¾ of the crushed Butterfingers, cream cheese, and cool whip together.
- Put your mixture in the piecrust then top with the rest of the crushed Butterfinger.
- Chill for at least 4 hours so your pie will thicken and stand when served.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream and indulge!