I was loaned a 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited for one week to review. All opinions are my own.
Kid Tested and Dad Reviewed
I am always eager to try out new and exciting products no matter big or small. So we got pretty pumped when our whole family could put the 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited to the “Kid Tested” and “Dad Reviewed” challenge. We will point out the likes and dislikes, and have a good time doing it.
2014 Kia Sorento SX LTD
A few need to knows about the 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited, it has:
- Satellite Radio with USB Auxiliary
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- 2nd-Row Window Sunshades
- Dual-Zone Climate Control
- 4-Way Power Front Passenger Seat
- Illuminated Door Handle Pockets
- HID Headlights with Auto-Leveling
- Power Folding Mirrors
- Premium Nappa Leather Seat Trim
- Heated Steering Wheel
- Model: 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited AWD – 7 Passenger
- Engine: 3.3-liter DOHC V6
- Horsepower/Torque: 290 hp @ 6,400 rpm/252 lb.-ft. @ 5,200 rpm
- Transmission: 6-speed automatic with Sportmatic
- Wheelbase: 106.3 in.
- Length x Width x Height: 184.4 x 74.2 x 68.3 in.
- Tires: P235/55R19
- Cargo: 9.1/36.9/72.5 cu. ft. (behind 3rd row/behind 2nd row/total)
- Economy: 18 mpg city/24 mpg highway/19.8 mpg test
- Fuel capacity: 17.4 gal.
- Curb Weight: 3,894 lbs.
The first thing I liked about the 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited was the narrow but sleek body style. Kia has definetly made the 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited easy on the eyes and is sure to turn heads with a chrome wheel package. Second on my list of thumbs up about this Kia, is the cockpit like drivers seat. That is the best way for me to describe how the 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited feels when you climb inside. The multi-positional leather seats form to your sitting preference, and the instrument panel gives you an insight of all that needs to be read.
A couple features I liked the most:
- FlexSteer – tunable electronic steering offers a series of settings including standard, sport or comfort.
- The Infinity® Audio System – brings music to life with deep rich bass, a full mid-range and clear, crisp highs.
- Rear Camera Display – will show a live image of what’s behind your vehicle.
- Heated and Ventilated front seats
- Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
Overall, the 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited has plenty of power gadgets to play with and good amount power to get off the line. For me there are no complaints about the 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited, and would recommend it to any full size family.
Both my 8 and 10 year old girls loved the 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited, as far as comfort and features. They tell their story from the back two rows, and here a couple things they loved.
- Panoramic Sunroof – lets you enjoy fresh air and a feeling of spaciousness.
- 3rd row passengers enjoy the comfort of Rear Air Conditioning.
- Plenty of 115-Volt Power Inverters
- 2nd row heated seats
- Interior Accent Illumination
The only thing that they would change is, to make it easier to get out of the 3rd row seating area. Both of them had a hard time getting the seat far enough up to climb out of the 2014 Kia Sorento SX Limited.
After having the 2014 Kia Sorento SX limited to test out for one week, we definitely did not want to give it back. For a dad, it has so many features with more than enough space for my family to ride safely and comfortably.