Beauty, wonder and adventure spin together in a grand legend that transcends time as Maleficent, one of animation’s most spectacular villains, sends the kingdom’s beloved Princess Aurora into an enchanted sleep. In a majestic story that awakens all your senses, Good Fairies arm brave Prince Phillip to defeat a fearsome fire-breathing dragon and rescue Aurora. But success in battle may not be enough, for the only way to awaken the Princess is with True Love’s kiss!
Disney Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition
The story of beautiful Aurora has surfaced again to be released again as Disney Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition. Sleeping Beauty is a 1959 American animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney based on Little Briar Rose by The Brothers Grimm and The Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault. The 16th film in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series, it was released to theaters on January 29, 1959, by Buena Vista Distribution.
- ”Art of Evil: Generations Of Disney Villains” Featurette: This legacy piece spotlights Disney’s favorite villain animator, Marc Davis. Throughout the piece, we will talk to modern day animators like Andreas Deja and others as to how Marc’s designs and characters influenced what they do today.
- ”Disney Animation: Artists in Motion, Extended Edition” Featurette: Join Walt Disney Animation Visual Development artist Brittney Lee as she goes through the process of creating a three dimensional sculpture of Maleficent, completely out of paper. In this extended edition, go deeper into Britney’s process.
- “Once Upon A Parade, Starring Sarah Hyland” Featurette: Behind every attraction, event and parade at the Magic Kingdom is a unique story. Join Sarah Hyland as she tells us the tale of Walt Disney World’s new Festival Of Fantasy Parade. This magical “in world” short film goes behind the scenes of the new parade and shows how the residents and characters of Fantasyland created this parade to tell their stories.
- Beauty-Oke: “Once Upon A Dream” – Sing along to this kinetic text video of Aurora’s signature song.
- ”The Sound Of Beauty: Restoring A Classic” Featurette : This covers the creation of the 7.1 mix of the score of SLEEPING BEAUTY that was done for Blu-ray, using the source tapes from the original recording sessions resulting in an audio experience of superior quality with greater detail and fidelity that you have ever heard before.
- ”Eyvind Earle: A Man And His Art” Featurette: Early in his career, renowned American Artist Eyvind Earle worked as a background painter at the Walt Disney Studio. Walt Disney liked his work so much that he entrusted him with the assignment to be the Art Director for SLEEPING BEAUTY. This piece follows Earle’s development as an artist and his years at the Studio.
- ”Picture Perfect: The Making Of SLEEPING BEAUTY” Featurette: Discover the behind-the-scenes magic that transformed a beloved fairy tale into a cinematic work of art. Legendary Animators, actors and film historians reveal the secrets behind Disney’s masterpiece.
- DELETED SCENE: “Arrival Of Maleficent” (Alternate): Maleficent arrives uninvited to the christening of the Princess Aurora.
- DELETED SCENE: “The Fair” (with Deleted Character, The Vulture): In this version of the story, the fairies do not take the Princess to live with them in the forest. Convinced that King Stefan’s order to burn all the spinning wheels in the kingdom will not prevent Maleficent’s curse, the good fairies put a magic circle around the castle and cast a spell.