Jonathan’s Place, a nonprofit Dallas orphanage dedicated to providing care to Texas’s most vulnerable children, announced on April 9, 2021its “Be The Tie” campaign, which encourages individuals throughout the country to lace up their shoes and #BeTheTie for abused and neglected children.
Dallas Orphanage – Jonathan’s Place
Jonathan’s Place is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2021. This organization provides safe loving homes and promising futures to youth who have been victims of abuse, neglect, and sex trafficking.
- Emergency shelter that welcomes newborns to 18-year-old victims
- Residential treatment program for girls 10 to 18 years old in need of therapeutic care
- Foster care & adoption programs
- Transitional living program for young women 18 to 23 years old. Who are about to age out of the foster care system
- RESET program dedicated to restoring and educating survivors of sex trafficking
- Outreach and youth runaway prevention program
Each spring, Jonathan’s Place hosts the “A Chance to Soar” luncheon fundraising event. Donations from the luncheon are used to provide a safe home and supportive, therapeutic care for Jonathan’s Place kids.
The organization has had to think outside of the box and find a new and creative way to fundraise. This has led to the “Be The Tie” campaign. Each morning for two weeks, millions of people across the world tie their shoes. Before walking out the door ready to take on the challenges of the day.
The questions asked are what about the child who has no one to teach them how to tie their shoes. What about the children and teens who have no shoes? To honor the children at Jonathan’s Place as they take steps toward a future filled with promise. In turn campaign participants will take a picture while tying their shoes and post it to social media using #BeTheTie and tagging Jonathan’s Place. A donation will be made at www.jpkids.org/bethetie.
Individuals are encouraged to share their messages of how they can #BeTheTie between a neglected child and a prosperous future.
For more information about Jonathan’s Place (Dallas Orphanage) call 972-303-5303 or visit www.jpkids.org.