I was loaned a 2014 Mazda CX-9 for one week to review. All opinions are my own.
I am always eager to try out new and exciting products no matter big or small. So we got pretty pumped when our whole family could put the 2014 Mazda CX-9 to the “Kid Tested” and “Dad Reviewed” challenge. We will point out the likes and dislikes, and have a good time doing it.
2014 Mazda CX-9
A few need to knows about the 2014 Mazda CX-9, it has:
- Engine type – 3.7L DOHC 24-valve V6 with VVT
- Horsepower – 273-hp @ 6250 rpm
- Torque – 270 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm
- EPA-Estimated Fuel Economy
- • Front-wheel drive (city/HWY) 17/24
- • All-wheel drive (city/HWY) 16/22
- Automatic transmission 6-speed electronically controlled Sport with Adaptive Shift Logic and sport-shift mode
- Wheel size (in) – 18
- Towing capacity (lbs)
- • FWD††† 2000 (3500 with Tow Prep Package)
- • AWD††† 3500
- Fuel capacity (gallons) 20.1
- Three-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Power windows with front one-touch down/up feature
- Power door locks with 2-stage unlocking feature
- Speed-sensing auto door locks
- Cruise control with steering-wheel-mounted controls
- Rearview backup camera
- Rear backup sensors
- Remote keyless entry with retractable key
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry & Start System
- Delayed off interior lights (map and dome)
- Illuminated entry
- Illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Tilt & telescopic steering wheel
- Height-adjustable front shoulder-belt anchors
- 12-volt power outlets (3)
- Remote fuel-door release
- Rear window defogger with timer
The girls had a great time in the back seat of the 2014 Mazda CX-9, on our trip to Houston for a rodeo. My 8 & 10 year old said they had plenty of room to strech out and keep their stuff. My 8 year old Jaci, even noted that the leather seats were super comfy. With the 3-zone climate control, everyone pretty much was comfortable during the ride.
Dad Reviewed 2014 Mazda CX-9
As for me, I thought the ride and handling of the road was superb! The 2014 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring definetly grabbed hold of the road and was able to safely and effectively get my family and I to our destination. With the 20 in wheels on the Grand Touring model, I could tell we where high off the ground, but the dynamic stability control kept it a relaxing ride. As far as the interior of the 2014 Mazda CX-9, I appreciated the close net of gauges, radio/climate controls, navigation, and blind spot monitoring.
If you are looking for a well rounded mid-size SUV, I would consider the 2014 Mazda CX-9 for the whole family.
Get Social with Mazda
Visit Mazda on web at their website
Mazda on Facebook
Mazda on Twitter