When it come to work I think of heavy lifting, long hauling, and the smarts to get the job done right. This reminds me of my father-in-law, a life long carpenter, and the type of work he does day in and day out. I have been on the job site a few times with him, and I asked him. What is the most important or valuable tool you own. Is it the cordless drill, hammer, nail gun, level, what tool? He replied “None of those, My truck”. “It gets me to and from the job site with all my tools and materials.”
He went on to explain that his 30+ years in construction has lead him to realize “I’m only as good as my truck.” So he relies on the best selling pick up truck a Ford. This year Ford is reviling it’s Toughest, Smartest, Most Capable Super Duty ever at the State Fair of Texas. Here are a few facts and reasons to check a new Ford Super Duty.
The all-new F-Series Super Duty is available with numerous driver-assist technologies:
- SYNC® 3 – Ford’s all-new communications and entertainment system features faster performance, conversational voice recognition and an easier-to-understand graphical interface, along with an intuitive smartphone-like 8-inch touch screen
- Blind Spot Information System with trailer tow is optimized for Super Duty to include the length of the trailer; BLIS® uses radar sensors in the taillamps to monitor areas that may not be visible to the driver
- Lane departure warning provides a warning when a driver strays from a lane through a series of steering wheel vibrations that mimic rumble strips
- Adaptive cruise control and collision warning with brake support use sensors to detect slower vehicles moving in the same direction. If another vehicle is too close, red lights flash on the windshield and a warning sound chimes. If the driver does not hit the brakes, the brake system is pre-charged to stop faster when the brake pedal is pressed
Built Ford Tough – 2017 Super Duty
For the first time, the Super Duty body uses high-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy, which is more dent- and ding-resistant than the outgoing steel body and not subject to red rust corrosion.
- Together, high-strength steel and high-strength aluminum alloy help reduce weight by up to 350 pounds while Ford is reinvesting additional weight savings everywhere it counts, to give customers more towing and hauling capability than ever before.
- Super Duty chassis cab features an all-new, high-strength steel frame with an open-C-channel design behind the cab to enable easy aftermarket body upfit and modification.
All three cabs – Regular Cab, SuperCab and Crew Cab – are longer and feature a new interior design, including dual compartment glove box, overhead console-mounted auxiliary switches to operate aftermarket equipment, and completely flat SuperCab and Crew Cab second-row floors that make loading large items in the cab easy.
Advanced light-emitting diode technology sheds light all around the new Super Duty, including:
- New LED sideview mirror spotlights enable illumination surrounding the truck to light up a work site or camp site
- Class-exclusive quad-beam LED headlamps and taillamps
- New LED cargo box lighting
Customer accessibility and ease of use extend outside the truck as well, with the cargo box offering customers these class-exclusive features:
- BoxLink™: Ford-patented combination of metal brackets and custom cleats that can be used to secure a variety of accessories in the cargo box
- Remote tailgate lock and release: Tailgate can be locked/unlocked and opened with the key fob, eliminating manual locking and increasing convenience and security. The tailgate is damped – dropping gently down, hands-free, to a flat position when opened
If you need more info please contact me or visit Ford’s Super Duty site.