Disclosure: This blog post was #sponsored by GreatCall Urgent Care, and iTunes is provides by them. Opinions are mine.
As a dad with 5 kids we are trying to avoid some sort of sickness or illness with the kiddos. With the cost of healthcare and prescriptions these days it is hard to justify whether my child needs to see a physician, or just may need a over the counter remedies. If I could have access to a nurse or doctor that can help me identiy what maybe wrong. Also, suggest medicine or if I need to make the trip for a doctor visit. It would be nice.
GreatCall Urgent Care App
GreatCall Urgent Care app is a unique service that combines the best features of a medical library and medical symptom checker tool on your smartphone, plus unlimited access to live, registered nurses who can escalate to a board-certified doctor anytime, day or night. You can browse volumes of medical dictionaries using the look-up feature that offers step-by-step descriptions of commonly practiced procedures and treatments. And the Interactive Symptom Checker tool will allow you to identify symptoms and possible causes, so you know when to self-treat and when to contact a medical professional.
There are other features to help you gain advice as well, such as:
- Symptoms:search health related symptoms by keywords, body area and by alphabet to receive a list of symptoms, warnings, tests, prevention and results
- Body Search:search symptoms by body area using the fun and interactive avatar
- Shake For Help: if unsure how a feature works, or unclear of how to properly utilize a feature, simply shake device and a help bubble related to topic will appear
- Share:use share screen to review app or to let a friend know about it
The Urgent Care app is great for those times when you:
- don’t have time to run to the doctor
- need medical advice when your physician or Urgent Care is closed or unavailable
- don’t feel totally comfortable discussing your symptoms in person with your normal doctor
- don’t have health insurance
- want to save money
- have a quick on-set of symptoms
- are not sure if it is worth visiting the doctor or not
You can download the Urgent Care app on both iTunes and Google Play.
Open to US residents, 18 years old and above only. One entry per household. Winners will be contacted via email and given 48 hours to confirm win. By entering you are giving me permission to send your contact info to the sponsor for shipping purposes. Days of a Domestic Dad is not responsible for prize fulfillment. Please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery. Not affiliated with Facebook or Twitter. Void where prohibited by law. *All entries will be verified. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any entry content at any time in the event it is determined that the entry content is offensive, inappropriate, fraudulent, not in keeping with Sponsorʼs image or if it is determined that the entrant has not otherwise complied with these Official Rules.