Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Farmland Foods. All recipes, pictures, and opinions are my own.
Trying to stay in tune for the Holiday Season, I wanted to try something new before the big day gets here. So I picked up some Farmland Sausage to use in my Sausage Breakfast Wreath. The idea I had, is to be easy and convenient with a holiday flare. The sausage breakfast wreath can be pre-made the night before, so when the morning comes you can just pop it in the oven. Please find the ingredients and directions below.
- Fine Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 Farmland sausage patties, ground
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped chives
- black pepper, optional
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Ground sausage patties and cook over medium heat until done. Drain grease. Add eggs, milk, red bell pepper, chives, and black pepper. Whisk until well blended and cook over medium-high heat. Avoid stirring constantly and cook until eggs are thick but still moist. Remove from heat.
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. On parchment paper cookie sheet, arrange dough into a sunburst shape. The shortest ends of the crescent roll should be overlapping to form a circle, while the longer ends will be outstretched to form the bursts.
- Spoon half of egg and sausage mixture onto the circle of dough. Add a layer of Sargento Fine Cut Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and then add rest of mixture. Top with another layer of cheese.
- Fold points of triangles over the layers and tuck under to meet circle of dough. Gently press dough pieces together to form a wreath.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until crescent rolls are golden brown. Cool and serve.
As you can see I had one of my daughter help me with this recipe. It was super fun, and easy to prepare for the whole family. I know that I can’t wait to make it again in a few weeks with the girls again, and eat it up Christmas morning.