While is San Francisco a few weeks ago, we had the opportunity to screen the new Disneynature film Monkey Kingdom. I loved this movie from start to finish. With an all-star cast, great soundtrack, I look forward to taking my family April 17th to see it.
5 Reasons to See Disneynature Monkey Kingdom
- The overall story line is one that is told time and time again. But this time it is from the eyes of Maya, a overly clever and resourceful monkey in South Asia. Not to give the whole movie away, we find Maya struggling most of the film. She like most of us, has good days, and bad days. Finds a man, and he leaves her. Maya’s story will capture your heart, because she is strong, and determined to survive what ever comes her way.
- They are Monkeys – Get ready for some high flying, swinging from branch to branch. These monkeys are full of personality, that are set to entertain.
- Mark Linfield has spent a good amount of his career trekked to Sri Lanka, where he was introduced to toque macaques. He fell in love. “It started a lifelong fascination with primates,” says Linfi eld, who also directed disneynature’s “Chimpanzee.” “They’re so expressive. They’re so intriguing.”
- Disneynatures commitment to give back to conservation’s like Conservation International. The promise to make a donation every year is amazing in it’s self.
- Tina Fey maybe one of my favorite female actress of all time. But , is not why I love her in Monkey Kingdom. I love of she narrates this film with passion and authority. As a mother, she really conveys Maya’s hardships, but gives you the warm fuzzes of the good times. Must see Monkey Kingdom just for Tina Fey’s voice!
Buy a Ticket, Help a Monkey
See Monkey Kingdom opening week (April 17 – 23) and Disneynature will make a donation in your honor to protect monkeys and other endangered species in their natural habitats.
Projects support programs across Indonesia, Cambodia, and Sri Lanka.
Conservation International will:
- Protect monkeys and other endangered species
- Save and restore forest habitats
- Partner with and support local communities
Further activities in Sri Lanka, Cambodia and Indonesia will include researching, rescuing and rehabilitating monkeys, patrolling protected areas which serve as important habitats for monkeys and other species, planting trees and supporting community education and forest-friendly jobs.
Go See Disneynature Monkey Kingdom April 17th
Disneynature MONKEY KINGDOM opens in theaters everywhere this Friday! Be sure to take the whole family to help Maya and friends, so they can keep monkeying around.
- Facebook: Facebook.com/Disneynature
- Twitter: Twitter.com/Disneynature
- Tumbler: http://disneynature.tumblr.com/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/disneynature