2013 is a year to remember with the release of some spectacular Walt Disney Studio motion pictures. 2013 brought us Oz the Great and Powerful, Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Monsters University and Frozen. I was able to see everyone of these films, and enjoyed every single one.
Now with 2014 here, we look forward to what greatness is lined up for Disney Studios 2014.
Beginning in February, the Walt Disney Studios are going to start strong with The Wind Rises
Release Date: February 28, 2014
Synopsis: Jiro (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) dreams of flying and designing beautiful airplanes, inspired by the famous Italian aeronautical designer Caproni (Stanley Tucci). Nearsighted and unable to be a pilot, he becomes one of the world’s most accomplished airplane designers, experiencing key historical events in an epic tale of love, perseverance and the challenges of living and making choices in a turbulent world.
Need for Speed will be the must see film for me in 2014, it features an awesome custom-designed Ford Mustang!
- Release Date: March 14, 2014
- Synopsis:In an exciting return to the great car culture films of the 1960s and ’70s that tap into what makes the American myth of the open road so enticing, “Need for Speed” chronicles a near-impossible cross-country race against time — one that begins as a mission for revenge, but proves to be one of redemption. Features Aaron Paul as Tobey Marshall.
Muppets Most Wanted
- Release Date: March 21, 2014
- Synopsis: Starring Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell and Tina Fey, Disney’s “Muppets Most Wanted” takes the entire Muppets gang on a global tour where they find themselves unwittingly entangled in an international crime caper.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Release Date: April 4, 2014
- Synopsis:After the cataclysmic events in New York with The Avengers, Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” finds Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, living quietly in Washington, D.C. and trying to adjust to the modern world. But when a S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague comes under attack, Steve becomes embroiled in a web of intrigue that threatens to put the world at risk. Joining forces with the Black Widow, Captain America struggles to expose the ever-widening conspiracy while fighting off professional assassins sent to silence him at every turn. When the full scope of the villainous plot is revealed, Captain America and the Black Widow enlist the help of a new ally, the Falcon. However, they soon find themselves up against an unexpected and formidable enemy—the Winter Soldier.
- Release Date: April 18, 2014
- Synopsis:In an epic story of breathtaking scale set against a majestic Alaskan backdrop teeming with life, Disneynature’s 2014 big-screen adventure “Bears” follows a bear family as impressionable young cubs are taught life’s most important lessons.
Million Dollar Arm
- Release Date: May 16, 2014
- Synopsis: In a last ditch effort to save his career as a sports agent, JB Bernstein (Jon Hamm) concocts a scheme to find baseball’s next great pitching ace. Hoping to find a young cricket pitcher he can turn into a Major League Baseball star, JB travels to India to produce a reality show competition called “Million Dollar Arm.”
Maleficent (another one on the top of my list to see)
- Release Date: May 30, 2014
- Synopsis: “Maleficent,” the untold story of Disney’s most iconic villain from the 1959 classic “Sleeping Beauty,” reveals the events that hardened Maleficent’s heart and drove her to curse the baby, Aurora. The film stars Angelina Jolie as Maleficent, Sharlto Copley, Elle Fanning, Sam Riley, Imelda Staunton, Juno Temple and Lesley Manville.
Planes: Fire & Rescue (Yes! A sequel to Disney Planes.)
- Release Date: July 18, 2014
- Synopsis: From the world of “Cars” soars “Planes: Fire & Rescue,” a new comedy-adventure featuring a quirky crew of elite firefighting aircraft devoted to protecting historic Piston Peak National Park from raging wildfire. When world famous air racer Dusty (Dane Cook) learns that his engine is damaged and he may never race again, he must shift gears and is launched into the world of wildfire air attack. Dusty joins forces with veteran fire and rescue helicopter Blade Ranger and his courageous air attack team, including spirited super scooper Lil’ Dipper (Julie Bowen), heavy-lift helicopter Windlifter, ex-military transport Cabbie and a lively bunch of brave all-terrain vehicles known as The Smokejumpers. Together, the fearless team battles a massive wildfire, and Dusty learns what it takes to become a true hero.
- Release Date: August 1, 2014
- Synopsis: An action-packed space adventure where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb covered by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits – Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon; Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Dstroyer.
The Hundred-Foot Journey
- Release Date: August 8, 2014
- Synopsis: “The Hundred-Foot Journey” abounds with flavors that burst across the tongue. A stimulating triumph over exile, blossoming with passion and heart, with marjoram and madras, it is a portrayal of two worlds colliding and one boy’s drive to find the comfort of home, in every pot, wherever he may be.
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (Ummm… did someone say Jennifer Garner AND Steve Carell… together!)
- Release Date: October 10, 2014
- Synopsis: “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” follows 11-year- old Alexander (Ed Oxenbould) as he experiences the most terrible and horrible day of his young life—and soon learns that he’s not alone when his mom (Jennifer Garner), dad (Steve Carell), brother (Dylan Minnette) and sister (Kerris Dorsey) all find themselves living through their own terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
Big Hero 6
- Release Date: November 7, 2014
- Synopsis: An action comedy about brilliant robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada, who finds himself in the grips of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the fast-paced, high-tech city of San Francisco. With the help of his closest companion, a robot named Baymax, Hiro joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city.
- Release Date: November 21, 2014
- Synopsis: “McFarland” follows high school coach Jim White (Kevin Costner), whose job-hopping leads him to predominantly Latino McFarland High School, located in an agricultural community in California’s farm-rich Central Valley. Admittedly, the White family and the students have a lot to learn about each other, but when Coach White notices the exceptional running ability, things begin to change. Soon, something beyond their physical gifts impress White… the power of family relationships, their unwavering commitment to one another, and their incredible work ethic. With grit and determination, Coach White’s unlikely band of runners eventually overcome the odds to forge not only a championship cross-country team, but an enduring legacy as well.
Into the Woods
- Release Date: December 25, 2014
- Synopsis: “Into the Woods” is a modern twist on the beloved Brothers Grimm fairy tales, intertwining the plots of a few choice stories and exploring the consequences of the characters’ wishes and quests. Cast features Meryl Streep, Emily Blunt, Chris Pine, Johnny Depp, and Billy Magnussen to name a few.