Disclosure: I was provided a trip to LA to screen Resurrection on ABC and some other shows. All opinions are my own.
As a part of our trip to Los Angles California, we screened a few shows like Resurrection on ABC. I knew before we left on our trip that we would be watching the second episode of Resurrection. So made sure I watched the first episode before I left.
The people of Arcadia, Missouri are forever changed when their deceased loved ones suddenly start to reappear. An 8-year-old American boy wakes up alone in a rice paddy in a rural Chinese province with no idea how he got there. Details start to emerge when the boy, who calls himself Jacob, recalls that his hometown is Arcadia, and an Immigration agent, J. Martin Bellamy, takes him there. The home he claims as his own is occupied by a 60-year-old couple, Henry, and Lucille Langston, who lost their son, Jacob, more than 30 years ago.
Hit TV Show Resurrection
After watching the first episode I find the show to be intriguing enough, and not able to guess what is coming next. The characters seem to develop quickly, and the flash backs give you a hint of what has happened. I find the story line open ended with different possibility to entertain the audience.
In the second episode, things get a little more dicey when Agent Bellamy wants to start digging for clues and answers. In turn the Langston family isn’t too happy, they just rather have everything stay the way it is.
Q&A with Executive Producers of Resurrection
After watching episode two of Resurrection on ABC, we had the chance to visit with the executive producers Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas. One of our first questions was one that all of us wanted to know.
Q: Are we going to find out how these people were brought back?
Tara: That’s one of the central questions of the entire series.
Michele: As writers, one of the things we try to do was we try to answer some questions, but like anything when you get one answer, it kind of makes you have more questions. And in some ways, it’s almost beside the point because they’re back now. Regardless of how they came back. It is something that Marty and Maggie are investigating, and trying to figure out.
In the meantime, these people are still here. Much of the drama comes from, “What do you do now that you have this 8-year-old boy? How do you deal with that?” Henry’s got a very complicated reaction to this. He feels like “If I embrace this boy as my son, am I betraying the memory of the child that I lost.”
Q: Are more people coming back?
Michele: I think it’s safe to say yes.
Q: Just in that town? Arcadia?
Michele: We focus on just Arcadia for the first 8 episodes.
We have certainly planned more, and there’s a cliffhanger at the end of season one that hopefully makes people want to come back for the second season.
Q: Are we going to get some idea of how they’re coming back?
Tara: There are some answers but we don’t answer everything. We still want to have an investigative drive. Do we know yet? The way we pitched this is… there are several questions. Why here? Why Arcadia? Why is it happening? How is it happening?
Meet the Cast of Resurrection on ABC
- Omar Epps plays - Agent J. Martin Bellamy is a former cop who is currently an agent with the United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Frances Fisher plays – Lucille Langston lives with her husband Henry in Arcadia. Though she has a relaxed, lovingly affectionate relationship with Henry, she’s never stopped missing Jacob, her son who apparently drowned years ago when he was just a boy.
- Matt Craven plays - Fred Langston is the local Sheriff in Arcadia, Missouri. He is Maggie’s father and Henry’s brother, and has been a widower ever since his wife Barbara died in the same accident that took Jacob’s life.
- Devin Kelley plays - Maggie Langston a tough, attractive doctor with a private practice in Arcadia, Dr. Maggie Langston is smart with an inquisitive nature.
- Mark Hildreth plays - Pastor Tom Hale the local minister in Arcadia, Tom Hale is a town leader with a loyal flock.
- Samaire Armstrong plays - Elaine Richards is Maggie’s best friend. A single, attractive woman, Elaine is well put-together and good at her job as an assistant bank manager, but there is a fragility to her competent exterior.
- Sam Hazeldine plays – A mysterious and disheveled man, Caleb Richards is on the path to Arcadia — and further complicates the town’s growing mystery.
- Landon Gimenez plays – Jacob Langston is an 8-year-old boy with a sweet, sensitive soul.
- Kurtwood Smith plays – Henry Langston is a seemingly content man with a happy marriage to his wife, Lucille – but the death of their son, Jacob, in 1982 cast a long shadow that has never really gone away.
ABC Resurrection on Social Media
Hashtag: #Resurrection #ABCTVEvent